Cannot Restore!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jtown

Jun 24, 2007
Hello all,

I tried to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone by using the Safari crash method posted here and couldn't get it to work. My phone now won't sync and I can't get it into recovery mode for a full restore. Any tips? Sorry if this solution has been posted.

fmjung

Oct 5, 2007
Can't restore...

My friend tried the exact same thing to my phone...and I can't restore either. I get the following error message:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-18)

Hello all,

I tried to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone by using the Safari crash method posted here and couldn't get it to work. My phone now won't sync and I can't get it into recovery mode for a full restore. Any tips? Sorry if this solution has been posted.[/quote]

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Do a hard reset on the iPhone first. (Press down the power button and home button until the phone powers off.) Then restart it, then try to restore.

fmjung

Oct 5, 2007
Can't Restore...

I spent two hours last night on the phone with an Apple tech support person...

I tried that as well. Didn't work. Jtown...I also found out today...that when I take pictures..they don't save on the iPhone. Try it. I'm pissed!

The support guy told me to take it to an Apple store...and they will replace it with a new one...and that he's received a couple other calls regarding iPhones...and the new iPod Touch.

Do a hard reset on the iPhone first. (Press down the power button and home button until the phone powers off.) Then restart it, then try to restore.

fmjung

Oct 5, 2007
Fixed!

Jtown/MacManPro

I finally got my phone fixed...
Googled the error message...and found a fix on www.modmyi.com

This is the url to the fix:
[SIZE=-1]www.modmyiPhone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=73191 - 116k -[/SIZE]

I was able to restore, sync my iTunes music, sync my contacts from Windows Address Book and fix the camera functionality!

I spent two hours last night on the phone with an Apple tech support person...

I tried that as well. Didn't work. Jtown...I also found out today...that when I take pictures..they don't save on the iPhone. Try it. I'm pissed!

The support guy told me to take it to an Apple store...and they will replace it with a new one...and that he's received a couple other calls regarding iPhones...and the new iPod Touch.

jtown

Jun 24, 2007
yes i figured it out too. had to be connected to USB cable and computer in order to enter Recovery Mode!