Cannot see any Apps to install under Installer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sardy

Nov 15, 2007
I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

I have an unlocked iPhone which came with Installer on it. However, everytime I ran Installer, I did not see any apps to install. There is a "Launcher" icon on the phone and it contains apps such as Aquarium, Beatphone (which doesn't work), Lockbox, PDFViewer, Squid, etc. Even under the Uninstall tab in Installer there are no apps that are listed for uninstalling, even though there are 3rd party apps on the phone.

A few days ago, I "lost" the Installer icon and after searching the forums downloaded and installed AppTapp through a Windows XP machine.

The installation onto the iPhone was successful and the Installer icon is now back. However, again, I can't see anything to install under the Install tab in Installer. I do have an Edge connection (YouTube works) and when I click on the Installer icon, at the top of the screen I can see the round "thingy" which indicates the phone is doing something (on the left of the time), then at the bottom of the screen a box comes up with "Registering Packages" on it. The box then disappears and then that's it, no apps to install. The same thing happens when I click on Refresh.

I re-installed AppTapp but same problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? I would love to add new apps but they just don't seem to appear. Is there a setting somewhere that I am not aware of? I tried connecting through a wi-fi netwrk and same problem.

Please help! Thanks.

Sardy

Nov 15, 2007
Thanks. However, where do I install community sources from? I cannot see anything under the Install tab. There's a blank screen, not even community sources! Am I missing something?

Sardy

Nov 15, 2007
Yes, there is a sources icon. Under that there is a Nullriver Software tab saying "Please upgrade installer". When I click on that it gives me the details of the software including the location, which takes me to a web page from which I had downloaded the latest version anyway! Under the Uninstall tab in the Dock it says "Installer Version 3.0b8".

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I think the new installer is designed for 1.1.1 and above. don't take my word for it thoigh. Why wouldn't you upgrade?

Sardy

Nov 15, 2007
I checked again to make sure I was not using the 1.1.1 AppTapp version and I confirm that I was using the correct version. I have what is identified as the "Older firmware version (1.0. 1.0.1 and 1.0.2) from the nullriver site (http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/). The specific file I downloaded was the Windows version (for all iTunes versions) and has the version number for AppTapp as v0.92.