cannot set-up outgoing mail on comcast

larrydk

Jan 1, 2008
I've been trying for days to get my outgoing mail to work, I'm receiving e-mails fine. Comcast is my ISP.

I've tried:

SSL's on and off
port numbers of 25, 595, 487, etc.
syncing to iTunes and not syncing to iTunes.

Just keep getting error that cannot connect to serve on outgoing mail.

I believe the problem is that I cannot get the iPhone to use authentication on the outgoing serever set-up. When I set-up the outgoing information, I've enetered usesrname and password, I save the settings and the phone verifys settings are okay, but it does not work (outgoing mail) It will not let me select the authentication tab on te outgoing server.

C'mon, someones got to know what to do.

Thanks

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
what have entered as your out going server?

I have had no problems with mine. But my bosses wife got for christmas and was having problems sending. I looked at her out going settings it was set as smtp.comcast.net

I needed to be smtp.comcast.net:25
hope this helps
I've been trying for days to get my outgoing mail to work, I'm receiving e-mails fine. Comcast is my ISP.

I've tried:

SSL's on and off
port numbers of 25, 595, 487, etc.
syncing to iTunes and not syncing to iTunes.

Just keep getting error that cannot connect to serve on outgoing mail.

I believe the problem is that I cannot get the iPhone to use authentication on the outgoing serever set-up. When I set-up the outgoing information, I've enetered usesrname and password, I save the settings and the phone verifys settings are okay, but it does not work (outgoing mail) It will not let me select the authentication tab on te outgoing server.

C'mon, someones got to know what to do.

Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I read 2 different threads on this very subject with comcast over the past few days. Please do a search and you will see many solutions to your problems.

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
what have entered as your out going server?

I have had no problems with mine. But my bosses wife got for christmas and was having problems sending. I looked at her out going settings it was set as smtp.comcast.net

hope this helps
According to this webpage, the outgoing mail port is supposed to be 465. The webpage does not display so well in IE, the text you are supposed to enter appears one or two screenshots before the screen on which you are supposed to enter it. The display is farbled even more severely when using FireFox. :(

I have been using smtp.comcast.net:465 for the outgoing server and it works OK for me... only every once in a great while do I see some sort of error, and next time around it corrects itself.

Jul 11, 2008
It worked for me!

hope this helps

I only am using 2.0 on my old iPhone but I had a problem with sending mail. I have comcast as well. It kept telling me the SENDER's address was invalid. I put in the ":25" and it works now.

THANKS! Back to studying for the Bar Exam :(

scooterkb

Jul 12, 2008
was having that same problem, put 465 in, didn't do anything, then realized i forget to check if it was plugged in (stupid person problem) I had two out going comcast servers and the one i was using didn't have any username or password. just make sure they are correct before you go crazy.