Cannot sync after iTunes and iOS upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by philgrin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. philgrin

philgrin New Member

iPhone 4. upgraded to latest iTunes and ios. now i can't sync - the iTunes verbiage at the top goes through its routiine but the iPhone doesn't show 'sync in progress' as it used to. then i get messages about conflicts and not being able to retrieve conflicts from the sync center.

Apple support, after a long, long, long time on the phone and several 'holds' for senior advisers, told me to uninstall, then reinstall, iTunes. did same. no help at all.

any ideas?

2. keywestgator

keywestgator New Member

Im having the exact same problem, and cant figure it out. If you turn phone off then back on it with it plugged in, it will sync.

3. Risestar

Risestar New Member

Sounds like your Apple mobile device USB driver may be corrupt. Try uninstalling it manually then reconnecting your phone and it should reinstall. You can also install it manually by downloading it from the web

4. keywestgator

keywestgator New Member

Where do I find the mobile device USB driver to uninstall it. Thanks for your time.

5. Risestar

Risestar New Member

It should show up in your windows device manager when your phone is connected to your pc. Right click and remove device then plug phone back in and it will reinstall