Can't access a word file anymore (need help)

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by alaa_137, Apr 27, 2012.

1. alaa_137

alaa_137 New Member

Hey guys how is it going
    I had this *.docx file on my dropbox. Everything was cool til I downloaded "Smart-Office" for iPhone so i could edit the word file through my iPhone.
    I succeeded doing that but thing is, after i edited and saved changes using the smart office on iPhone, i COULDN'T ACCESS THE DOCX FILE ANYMORE FROM MY PC! I still can access and edit it with smart office, but when i try to open the file with microsoft word on my pc i get this msg:
    error.jpg

Can anyone help please?
    thanks a lot

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Found this support doc on Microsoft, but honestly cannot make heads or tails of it. Can you save other documents in Smart Office and read them in Office on the desktop or is it isolated to this document?

3. alaa_137

alaa_137 New Member

Yeah i saw that site before and tried to understand what it suggests... I tried some stuff it says. Useless.
    I just tried to create a new docx file using smart office and transferring it to dropbox. Then i tried opening it in pc but it didn't work.
    *i'm still able to open it with my iPhone though (both with smart office and iPhone's dropbox!)

4. alaa_137

alaa_137 New Member

update: i used a "docx to pdf" converter on my file and the conversion kinda succeeded...
    The resulting pdf file successfuly opened but not with all the date, but only with 2 pages.
    Then I tried to convert it back to doc file, it succeeded, but again with only 2 pages.

Any ideads?

5. alaa_137

alaa_137 New Member

ALRIGHT GUYS I WORKED IT OUT! OMG I'M A GENIOUS LMAO
    Alright here is how to deal with it if you encountered the same problem:

You'll need 2 apps on your phone:
    1) Dropbox
    2) Office2
    Open your file using phone's dropbox, select all the text (that's the most tiring part because you can't select it all at once), copy it, go to Office2, create a new document there, paste your text, save, and here you go, you got your .doc file back.
    Office2 offers a feature to share your documents. So you do that and download your file on your pc. Finally, you can open it with microsoft word, save it as *.docx if you want and you're ready to go :)

Thanks