cant 'add new address' to contacts in phone book

Nov 23, 2007
When I try to 'edit' or 'add new addresses' to contacts in my phone my screen goes black and I return to the springboard.
How come?

Cheers
Ruben

Nov 23, 2007
Modified

I bought it out of the box but it was already unlocked. It was in China Town New York. I installed some apps on it but then unintalled them. Still the problem is there.

Can it be Fixed?

thanks

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Like most software faults (there's a presumption there of course), the only sure way of fixing it is to go back to known and tested code. Anything could have happened to your phone before you got it and there's no way of knowing what.

Restoring it back to the state of a locked, unactivated phone will most probably fix it. You can either then go with the approved carrier, or go back through the unlock processes to free it up again.

Nov 23, 2007
thanks

Like most software faults (there's a presumption there of course), the only sure way of fixing it is to go back to known and tested code. Anything could have happened to your phone before you got it and there's no way of knowing what.

Restoring it back to the state of a locked, unactivated phone will most probably fix it. You can either then go with the approved carrier, or go back through the unlock processes to free it up again.
ok. Thanks. I will do that then.
cheers
ruben