Can't backup to cloud ... normal on iDay?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I'm having issues backing my 6 up to the cloud in preparation for my 6sP. Auto backup failed last night and I can't get in to backup manually, either. I keep getting "the last backup could not be completed". I do have a back up from the previous evening (9/23) but I'd like to get a current back up to get all my health/watch data.

I tried a hard reset and and also attempted on a different wifi network.

My iPad updated just fine last night. Is this normal? I'm guessing the servers are being hammered since yesterday.

I will back up to iTunes as well but I'd feel better knowing I have current backups in the cloud and on my computer.

Thanks.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
Yes, Apple's iCloud servers are getting smoked right now. That will probably last a couple days if last launch is any guide. I too like knowing iCloud has my backup but for a couple days just having a local backup is fine. At least it will stave off disaster should something unfortunate befall your phone.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks, that's what I figured. Thankfully by iTunes back up restored my new phone and watch successfully. Having to restore from a back up always stresses me out! LOL.