Cant believe I cracked my screen!

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Ok so I'm going to cry right now. To make a long story short i dropped my iPhone on my friends drive way. I didn't see how it landed but I have huge chips taken off all my corners and I cracked the screen. I'm going to the Apple Store tomorrow. I've had the phone for maybe 3 months. I've heard people getting there screen fixed for free and some paying up to 250 dollars. Mine as well buy the 3G iPhone if its that price. But I don't want to pay the extra money 10 dollars plus no texting.

Anybody have there screen fixed lately?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
WOW what a coincidence I dropped my phone in my friends driveway also :p
-My phone has a keyboard and I always squeeze the keyboard in and out and for some reason It just randomly dropped!. . .It was weird cause of the 2 or so years I had it I've dropped it 3x, well anyways as it was falling it seemed to be falling in slooow-motion ya kno haha!:p It landed on its front, then bounced and drifted on its back down the driveway Lol!

Buts its sad that your screen is broken :(
-Could you post some pics to see how bad it might be?

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Ill post some pictures lately. I was lucky, I have the earth background on the lock screen, you cant even see the crack unless its on a white background or you look at from a different angle.. Ill post pictures later I got to go to a grad party.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
rotten luck for you. The good thing is you should be able to pick up a fairly nice first gen on ebay within a week or so for a pretty good price. That way you could avoid the increased data charges and still spend about the same amount of money as having your screen repaired.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
They just came out with something, a new invention. It's called a "Phone Case" ! I can't believe all the threads of people dropping their phones and cracking their screens, or breaking volume buttons, etc. I saw some guy on the train trying to use an iPhone with a cracked screen, all I could do was laugh. Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a case, whether it's for a new 3G phone, or regular iPhone.

They just came out with something, a new invention. It's called a "Phone Case" ! I can't believe all the threads of people dropping their phones and cracking their screens, or breaking volume buttons, etc. I saw some guy on the train trying to use an iPhone with a cracked screen, all I could do was laugh. Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a case, whether it's for a new 3G phone, or regular iPhone.
sensing some hostility... Even with a case on the screen couldve cracked... The case doesn't protect the screen... It may have had less odds breaking but there's still that chance