Can't buy apps from App store

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by RoofMonkey, Nov 3, 2011.

1. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Weird situation here. Girlfriend has a $15 credit from an iTunes card. When she attempts to purchase an app it keeps saying she needs to confirm her credit card info. She has not changed cards, it's still a good card, etc... This is from her new 4s iPhone. If she goes to the app store on her computer she can buy apps no problem and it doesn't ask for any information as far as payments.
    Never had this problem before.
    We have logged out of the store on her phone and logged back in, she said she has also deleted that C. Card and re-entered it.
    Curious if any one has any thoughts / ideas on this. Many thanks.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

This happened to me the other day. I verified and it took it from my credit. It told me it was because I use my account on my phone and then went to use it on my computer. Think when everything updated to ios5 it had to figure out what devices u use with that account.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Ok fixed the issue.
    On the phone I went in, viewed her account. All looked as it should be. She went to purchase a $.99 app and it popped up asking to confirm information on her account (C. Card info). I deleted her card info and re-entered it, security code, dates, etc... POOF all is well now. App downloaded and it took $ from the credit already in her account.

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I love happy endings.
    As in that it all worked out for you Scott.