fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Last edited by a moderator:

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I dunno, I have the exact same problem and would like to know your outcome.

Maysrome

Bronze
Mar 31, 2008
so, all three of you are having the same problem?
well, my download had 16 minutes until i'm on 2.0.0 as well.
i guess i'll join the group.

first i'm going to smoke a bowl.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
hopefully when they jailbreak 2.0 maybe we can change it then, or ssh in to the phone and delet the file, because i would like to change my background now lol

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I don't understand how you can't change it. You're talking about the Slide to Unlock Screen, right? What did you do on 1.1.4 to change it to begin with?

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
I don't understand how you can't change it. You're talking about the Slide to Unlock Screen, right? What did you do on 1.1.4 to change it to begin with?
i had a customize theme, and when i did a restore to update, it didn't delet the lock screen background, so when ever they jailbreak 2.0 im gona try to fix it if i can...but i don't get y when i did a restore it didn't fix the background

Aug 16, 2008
This may be a little too late to help you guys, but all you have to do is ssh into your iPhone and change the permissions on the LockBackground.jpg file to 0777. You can do this through a program like WinSCP on the PC, Cyberduck or Transmit on the Mac, or even just straight through ssh using your favorite terminal application.

To do it via WinSCP or Transmit or a similar SFTP program:

SFTP into your iPhone. username will be root, password is alpine.
Browse to /var/mobile/Library/ (you might have to move to the parent "/" directory first).
Give the LockBackground.jpg file full permissions, usually by right-clicking on the file and choosing "get info" and checking all the permissions boxes.

Via SSH:

Open Terminal on the Mac or Putty or whatever on the PC
enter the following commands:
ssh root@your.iPhones.ip.address (replace the part after the @ sign with your device's local ip address, obviously)
When it asks for the password, enter "alpine" without the quotes.
Then enter:
chown 777 /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg

Once you're done with either method, you can give your device a reboot if you want, then you're all set.