Can't choose...

Sep 26, 2008
I'm debating whether to get an iPhone 3g or Blackberry Storm next month and I can't decide. I like the capabilities of each, but they also have their cons:
-Apple will probably make a new model the minute I buy the 3g. Also, not too thrilled about the expensive plan that comes with it.
-For the Storm, I have verizon right now, so thats a plus, but what happens to all the music and videos I bought from iTunes? Is it even possible to load them onto it?

lol I know this is the "iPhone 3G" forum, but try not to let bias get in the way
thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
what happens to all the music and videos I bought from iTunes? Is it even possible to load them onto it?
I doubt it.
As far as which one to get, that is something only you can decide. You probably won't see a new iPhone until next summer at best, but of course my vote is for the iPhone. I have seen video of the storm and am not too impressed. Maybe if I could see it I might think different.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm debating whether to get an iPhone 3g or Blackberry Storm next month and I can't decide. I like the capabilities of each, but they also have their cons:
-Apple will probably make a new model the minute I buy the 3g. Also, not too thrilled about the expensive plan that comes with it.
-For the Storm, I have verizon right now, so thats a plus, but what happens to all the music and videos I bought from iTunes? Is it even possible to load them onto it?

lol I know this is the "iPhone 3G" forum, but try not to let bias get in the way
thanks
I would wait until the Storm launches on the 24th .. Go to a Verizon Store and play with it, and then wait a day or two for the user reviews to start coming in. I would then head over and play with a iPhone. That should help you decide which handset is best for you.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
What jsn said is the best idea. I'm hoping they don't come up with a new iPhone but just upgrade firmware in the 3G.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
The problem with technology is it moves so fast, as soon as you buy one thing something else comes out. So whatever you decide to buy don't kick yourself when something new comes out. That's the nature of the beast... new stuff will always out-date whatever you buy.

That being said, I would definitely check out the Storm when it comes out. I'm mildly curious about it but I would check the OS on that thing. I've never been impressed with how the BB interfaces with the user. It never seems to be well thought out. But the Storm looks like it takes a definite step in the right direction.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

thanks
Starting in 2009, Verizon will be requiring flat rate plans on their premium smart phones (STORM) so their plan will be just as expensive if not more.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Starting in 2009, Verizon will be requiring flat rate plans on their premium smart phones (STORM) so their plan will be just as expensive if not more.
I paid my iPhone plan roughly around $90 including 1500 text msg plan.
I'm not sure if it's really that much more than other carrier's plan with 3G?

I wonder how much LESS other carrier actually charge for the almost same plan...?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I paid my iPhone plan roughly around $90 including 1500 text msg plan.
I'm not sure if it's really that much more than other carrier's plan with 3G?

I wonder how much LESS other carrier actually charge for the almost same plan...?
I had T-mobile(Jailbroken and unlocked 2G iPhone) and. . .my plan were
-1000min
-unlimited Text
-Unlimited Data
-----------------
$54.60:eek:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
here's mine:

family plan, 700 minute and unlimited text messaging is around $145 monthly. i usually average about 130 unused minutes a month.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I had T-mobile(Jailbroken and unlocked 2G iPhone) and. . .my plan were
-1000min
-unlimited Text
-Unlimited Data
-----------------
$54.60:eek:

OK, that "IS" cheap!
but in Texas, we get charged stupid fees and tax... then I'd say it will ended up more like $65

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
OK, that "IS" cheap!
but in Texas, we get charged stupid fees and tax... then I'd say it will ended up more like $65
Haha I had a flexpay account with T-mobile where I would pay the months bill in advance so all the taxes and whatever were already inlcuded in the overall price;)

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
My last ATT bill was $202.89. I have one 3G and one v1.

Sep 26, 2008
The problem with technology is it moves so fast, as soon as you buy one thing something else comes out. So whatever you decide to buy don't kick yourself when something new comes out. That's the nature of the beast... new stuff will always out-date whatever you buy.

That being said, I would definitely check out the Storm when it comes out. I'm mildly curious about it but I would check the OS on that thing. I've never been impressed with how the BB interfaces with the user. It never seems to be well thought out. But the Storm looks like it takes a definite step in the right direction.
Yeah, I guess thats the consequence of advancements in technology. Messing around with one at a store is probably the best way to go. Thanks everyone