Can't Clear Badge - Messages App

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I was hard resetting while a text came through. Now the one badge is showing and won't clear. I'm jailbroken on 8.1.2.

I tried hard resetting. I tried turning badges off and rebooting. Than back on. I tried turning messages off and rebooting, than back on. I tried using clear badges in CC settings. It disappears than comes back.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
View the text on your Mac or iPad if you are logged into the same account on them. If that doesn't work, log out of iMessages on all of your devices and then log back in.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
View the text on your Mac or iPad if you are logged into the same account on them. If that doesn't work, log out of iMessages on all of your devices and then log back in.
I don't have iMessage in any other device. I can't find out where to log out of iMessages in my iPhone.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Ok, then I'm not sure what signing out means. :p

From a search, "Go into Settings -> Messages and halfway down choose Send and Receive.
Tap your AppleID on the top of the page, sign out".
Found this searching in Google. Still didn't work.

Feb 3, 2013
I was hard resetting while a text came through. Now the one badge is showing and won't clear. I'm jailbroken on 8.1.2.

I tried hard resetting. I tried turning badges off and rebooting. Than back on. I tried turning messages off and rebooting, than back on. I tried using clear badges in CC settings. It disappears than comes back.

Any other ideas? Thanks.
I do have the same problem to this thread. :( Can someone help us please.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The original poster fixed it by deleting a few text messages they didn't need.
I saw that myself. Sometimes I feel that that particular person to whom you replied just says "Me too, me too" or something to that effect without ever reading anything in the thread.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am now having this issue, but deleting the text or texts isn't a permanent fix when you or the other person texts back. My fix is turning on my Mac or waking it up and opening messages so it brings them all up therefore reading it, but again this isn't permanent. I don't use my Mac all day and I have it turned off at night, so of course the badge will still show often throughout the day.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I am now having this issue, but deleting the text or texts isn't a permanent fix when you or the other person texts back. My fix is turning on my Mac or waking it up and opening messages so it brings them all up therefore reading it, but again this isn't permanent. I don't use my Mac all day and I have it turned off at night, so of course the badge will still show often throughout the day.
So did you call or chat with Apple? If so, what did they suggest? Did it help?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
So did you call or chat with Apple? If so, what did they suggest? Did it help?
Reboot / reset all settings didn't help. They then suggested restore. I'd rather not do that and I don't see how that'll fix it. It just started a week ago.

Due to a messages tweak I didn't understand or I thought I did. :)

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Reboot / reset all settings didn't help. They then suggested restore. I'd rather not do that and I don't see how that'll fix it. It just started a week ago.

Due to a messages tweak I didn't understand or I thought I did. :)
So you're all good now? What was the tweak?