Can't Connect to HTTPS websites

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

ssanders

New Member
Jul 2, 2007
1
0
0
#1
Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone figure out a way around it. My company uses https for our Microsoft Outlook Web Access and I can't log in because it won't connect to an https website. Any help would be appreciated. I'm the network administrator and right now i'm not willing to open up ports to allow for imap so don't suggest that. Is everyone having this problem I can't seem to find any evidence of it. Also i'm able to connect to microsoft outlook web access that only uses http just fine, so I know it's not the web access that has the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
 

TrippalHealicks

New Member
Gold
Mar 2, 2007
1,341
0
0
#2
I tryed this yesterday. Tryed to load my bank's page.

Seems like it "finishes" loading, with nothing but a white screen in Safari.

:(
 

UltraDean

New Member
Jul 3, 2007
8
0
0
#5
I would love to solve this mystery as well. So far I have been unable to access my company's OWA (which for us is via https).

However, I have verified that I can view pages via https (my bank for example).

When I try to log on to OWA, I get prompted for my login and password. After submitting them, the page just hangs (doesn't even finish loading).
 

TrippalHealicks

New Member
Gold
Mar 2, 2007
1,341
0
0
#6
I would love to solve this mystery as well. So far I have been unable to access my company's OWA (which for us is via https).

However, I have verified that I can view pages via https (my bank for example).

When I try to log on to OWA, I get prompted for my login and password. After submitting them, the page just hangs (doesn't even finish loading).
Dangit!
I wanna bank on my phone! lol :(
 

slipperypete

New Member
Bronze
May 20, 2007
205
0
0
#7
Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone figure out a way around it. My company uses https for our Microsoft Outlook Web Access and I can't log in because it won't connect to an https website. Any help would be appreciated. I'm the network administrator and right now i'm not willing to open up ports to allow for imap so don't suggest that. Is everyone having this problem I can't seem to find any evidence of it. Also i'm able to connect to microsoft outlook web access that only uses http just fine, so I know it's not the web access that has the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
I am able to access my companies web access e-mail
 

UltraDean

New Member
Jul 3, 2007
8
0
0
#10
I've tried it both ways. When I type in http it loads up the corresponding location via https and results in a stall. When I type https, it stalls.
 

aprilia825

New Member
May 30, 2007
14
0
0
#11
not to hijack this thread or ask a stupid question.....but I was wondering about accessing my corporate webmail via the iPhone. it is https as well, but in addition, it requires ActiveX to be installed (some app scans the computer - or iPhone in this case - before access to webmail is granted). Do any of you know if an ActiveX program can run on the iPhone?
 

UltraDean

New Member
Jul 3, 2007
8
0
0
#13
Just got some info from a different forum and I thought I might post it here to shed some light for ya'll

Apparently it's an authentication issue. By disabling NTLM a user has been able to successfuly access their OWA where they had been previously unable to. Of course, I don't know the ramifications of doing this, so please check with your IT manager (or someone much more knowledgeable than me).
 

beley

New Member
Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
56
0
0
#14
Yep, I've loaded up my Rackspace hosting, Bank of America, several of my websites admins, and more in SSL with no problems.
 

gts

New Member
Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
59
0
0
#15
odd, I get in to wellsfargo and my company wab mail both https without any issue. not sure why that is happening for you.
 

SockMonkey

New Member
Jul 18, 2007
3
0
1
#16
I'm having the exact same issue here trying to access my company's OWA site.

Two weeks ago, our IT guy upgraded our exchange server to 2003 SP2 and then abruptly quit. On the weekend of the upgrade, my mail account (Exchange) on my iPhone stopped receiving emails and hasn't since. When I try to connect, I get the "Can't verify account information" (or whatever it says) message. So, I turned to OWA only to be denied with a white screen there.

So frustrating... especially since the IMAP/Exchange account WAS working before the upgrade.

UPDATE: As of today, Aug. 2nd, IMAP to exchange is working again. Took another sysadmin to look at the server and realize that the IMAP server setting was infact disabled. Still can't connect to OWA via Safari.