Can't connect to iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I did what the guide "Jailbreak/Unlock a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone without using a computer! The FINAL guide" said to do. When I connect my phone via the dock, iTunes will not show the iPhone. When I connect, a bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner of windows xp that says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it".

iPhone V 1.1.1
iTunes 7.5.0.20

So if I can't even get iTunes to detect my phone, what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I did what the guide "Jailbreak/Unlock a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone without using a computer! The FINAL guide" said to do. When I connect my phone via the dock, iTunes will not show the iPhone. When I connect, a bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner of windows xp that says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it".

iPhone V 1.1.1
iTunes 7.5.0.20

So if I can't even get iTunes to detect my phone, what to do?
I had a very similar problem with a brand new, unmodified iPhone. I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and it seemed to work ok after that.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
well hmm i just made a similar thread asking about a problem with iTunes and i tried reinstalling it and it still does the problem

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I had a very similar problem with a brand new, unmodified iPhone. I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and it seemed to work ok after that.

JB

I just realized that this wasn't what fixed the problem. I actually switched the USB port it was plugged into and that fixed it. Don't ask me why, the USB port works fine with the printer, just not the iPhone.