Can't decide if I should sell my phone

d55

Jun 3, 2008
ok, i was just offered $300 for my 8g iPhone with revo case..its 6 months old and is in perfect condition..buyer will pick it up with cash..my problem is i will be without a phone until the new one comes out..i wish we could see into the future..and is there a chance that it will be months until the new one comes out?

MundoGrande

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
It's pretty much a sure thing (pretty much) that it's coming out this month or next. You could probably even make more than 300 if you ebay it.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
ok, i was just offered $300 for my 8g iPhone with revo case..its 6 months old and is in perfect condition..buyer will pick it up with cash..my problem is i will be without a phone until the new one comes out..i wish we could see into the future..and is there a chance that it will be months until the new one comes out?
Tell him you'll sell it to him for $400 and that you can jailbreak or unlock it for him.

d55

Jun 3, 2008
Tell him you'll sell it to him for $400 and that you can jailbreak or unlock it for him.
haha thanks for the reply..ya ive been reading about that..i already posted it for 325 on craigslist..i heard they are going for more on ebay..thats crazy! it just seems easier to avoid shipping and paypal..

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
haha thanks for the reply..ya ive been reading about that..i already posted it for 325 on craigslist..i heard they are going for more on ebay..thats crazy! it just seems easier to avoid shipping and paypal..
If you ship to say Europe, it would probably cost you $50. Paypal and eBay fees would be like $10. IF you can sell it for $150 more, that's still a $90 profit. It's worth the try I think

d55

Jun 3, 2008
wow..ya that might be worth it then..hard to believe i can sell it for what i paid for it 6 months ago..are they hard to come by over there?

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I think a lot of people are debating if and when to sell-

I have decided not to do anything until I know the EXACT date of release. Knowing Uncle Steve I believe it may be a few weeks if not longer after the announcement until we are able to actually get our paws on one.

Personally, I think it's too much drama to try to sell it now and get the best possible deal and be with out it for weeks. After having this phone I cannot go back to my old phone, even for a little while...I don't think the v2 will be more than $399, so if I can even get $150-$200 for the old one I'll be happy....remember not all areas have 3G yet so there are still people out there that will be looking for the orginal.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
I gotta say, that sounds like a pretty cut and dry deal to me. If someone offered that to me with no strings attached, I'd probably go for it...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I sold my iPhone a few weeks back on Craigslist for $500. I read somewhere that the iPhones are selling for like $700 on eBay right now. I've not checked myself, so take that with a pinch of salt!

$300 is a little low if you ask me. I would ask for more.