Can't decide to keep or not!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by WGillham87, Oct 21, 2013.

1. WGillham87

WGillham87 New Member

I can't decide whether or not to keep my iPhone 5s or get the lg g2 or Samsung note 3

When I have one I always want the other this phone battery sucks thou

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Keep the 5s

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Keep in mind that you're asking your question on an iphone-centric forum. Ask it on an android-centric forum and you'll get a differing sentiment.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If you are serious about testing another phone, I highly recommend keeping your iPhone while you test it. A lot of people return or sell their iPhone to get the Android and then regret that decision because they decide they prefer the iPhone in the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

6. WGillham87

WGillham87 New Member

Had a note 3 and z1 just before this used my return policy so now stick with the iPhone.

But was going to sell and buy the other or get another contract

There are many aspects I like of both I liked that I could mirror my screen on the note to my tv and other bits and bobs

But the iPhone I like that you get updated when released and not sure if this one is a myth or not but seems iPhones get better games and apps I. General to Android.

Also I asked on the Android forum and the replies were mixed actually mostly they say neither phone is Better or worse and comes down to what you need in a phone

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I've used both, I always come back to the iPhone. You could find an Android phone you like, keep the 5s and switch sims once on a while. You'd have the best of both worlds.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's a good reply. It does boil down to what you need and like most in a phone.

9. WGillham87

WGillham87 New Member

I want a phone thT does as much as possible as I get bored very easily.

I mainly browse the net on my phone but would also like the best phone for gaming, browsing, YouTube and music I guess

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Do you use this on the go? Why not get a nexus 7, that way you still have Android for gaming and the iPhone for mobile situations. Just a thought.

11. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I switch off between my i5s, a Nokia Lumia 928 (don't bother with this much anymore), and a couple of BlackBerrys (Q10, Z10). I'm pretty much only using my iPhone now though.

If I were to go Android I'd look at the Motorola Moto X or the Droid RAZR Maxx.

12. psylichon

psylichon Genius

My sister has that Droid and I think it's awful. Stuttery as heck. The camera is way too slow. It's heavy, too.

The Moto X is a great phone by all accounts, but I'm waiting for a Nexus 5. The value with the Nexus line is undeniably good (if you're buying off-contract). And the well-known leaked specs are among the best out there.

13. denzel1989

denzel1989 Member
    Bronze

Mate I was in your boat a month ago.
    I swapped my 5s for the note 3. I used the note 3 for 4 days and I can give you my opinion.

The note 3 is a good phone, it has heaps of features that make the experience overwhelming. The s-pen is flawless,it works smoothly, it's functionality is seamless I liked it a lot. I also found out that I could download turrets and I had movies and shows on my phone for free.
    I liked the whole idea of customising a phone to its full ability and using those features.

But with all those features in tact, there was something missing.

Look don't get me wrong, the design of the phone is cool , but going from the iPhone 5s to the note 3 felt like a downgrade in built quality. The iPhone 5S is flawless in design and reputation.
    After using the note 3, I felt the applications were to buggy. The App Store was premature and the OS kept on crashing constantly. That put me off big time.
    The battery life was great, but the whole experience was ruined due to the laggy OS that didn't support great applications.
    The iPhone 5S is a simple phone with stable, good features that make the phone brilliant.
    I picture it like having an attractive car that can turn perfectly but will only go 100mph.
    The speed is ok but the way it turns is amazing. That's the kind of effect the iPhone has on people.

I returned the note 3 then got my 5s back. It's a brilliant phone with admirable design and precision.
    If you do decide to pick the note 3 that's cool, as long as your happy man.
    But chances are you'll come back to the iPhone.

14. denzel1989

denzel1989 Member
    Bronze

All those things that you want out of a phone are best with the iPhone

15. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I swapped me iPhone 5S for the Moto X. I loved some of the features on the Moto, but no matter how hard I tried. There were just too many things missing that Apple does Flawlessly. I won't switch again because it was painful to get back to a iPhone. I love my 5S and I am so glad to have one back.

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I love my Moto X and like you I missed features and got the 5s.
    I went with 5s as main phone but witched back to Moto x for my main phone because of the Bluetooth capabilities. I keep going back and forth.
    Ahhh love my iPhone and love the Moto X

17. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

What color is your Moto X?

18. denzel1989

denzel1989 Member
    Bronze

My point exactly. One your an iPhone user, it's virtually rare for you to move onto another device and not come back.although the iPhone is not the top in the list of specs, it's a remarkable device.

19. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

White face
    Green back
    Yellow accents

20. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

Are you guys modifying your Androids at all? I have the Note 3 and have made made extensive changes, such as icon theme, app density, forced full screen in apps that don't support it, changing the size and type font system wide and per app, manipulating the type and speed of animations and choosing the usage of the GPU or CPU for different applications. Now I have the device exactly as I want it.

Please don't get me wrong though, if Apple made a device in the 5.5 inch range, I would seriously consider it and would become one of my top choices.