Can't delete apps

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I have a couple of stupid apps like spanish, urbanspoon and myLite and I want to delete them. Ive deleted one before on iTunes from the applications link but now when I click that link it only shows my other apps and not those 3.

Ive closed the program and sync'd like 5 times and it still doens't show up...any suggestions

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hold down any of the icons on your home screen and they will all start to shake. All the app store programs will show an X in the upper left corner.

Tap the X and the program will delete.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Yeah you have to delete them from iTunes and from the phone, or they will keep coming back when syncing.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
wow my phone is really messed up. I tried holding down the home button but nothing happens. Even as I type this on my phone the screen is jumping all over the place.

Looks like I'll be changing to 1.1.4

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
well this is what i did...
i deleted it off my phone>then i went to the apps tab in iTunes deleted it there (move it to trash)>then i emptied trash>sync (msg whether to transfer files-Don't transfer)>seen that the app i deleted -deleted during sync>then some error msg came up>clicked ok and the app was gone...go figure...lol...interesting, but hey it got the job done...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
i deleted it off my phone>then i went to the apps tab in iTunes deleted it there (move it to trash)>then i emptied trash>sync (msg whether to transfer files-Don't transfer)>seen that the app i deleted -deleted during sync>then some error msg came up>clicked ok and the app was gone...go figure...lol...interesting, but hey it got the job done...
Wish I could even do that. I'm at work and I still cant get the icons to shake by holding the home button.

Come to think of it, my phone was perfectly fine until I installed "myLite" last night and today it's all messed up

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Wish I could even do that. I'm at work and I still cant get the icons to shake by holding the home button.

Come to think of it, my phone was perfectly fine until I installed "myLite" last night and today it's all messed up
The icons shake when you tap and hold an ICON, not the home button.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
The icons shake when you tap and hold an ICON, not the home button.
Ahhh! I'm such a dumb ass. It works now. Still don't know why it's not on iTunes though

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i deleted it off my phone>then i went to the apps tab in iTunes deleted it there (move it to trash)>then i emptied trash>sync (msg whether to transfer files-Don't transfer)>seen that the app i deleted -deleted during sync>then some error msg came up>clicked ok and the app was gone...
this seem to work for me...try it out...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
this seem to work for me...try it out...

Well I cant delete an app on iTunes that isn't there. That was the original problem. Even though it was on my phone and I sync'd like 3 times it wouldn't show on iTunes. I just deleted it on my phone and now it is gone for good