Can't Delete Email Account

rhwd2003

Sep 25, 2008
Hey guys got my iPhone 3G yesterday and setup about 5 email accounts on it and then now I have one email account that will not work and when I go to the settings > mail accounts and click delete it goes to the deleting screen for hours and it wont delete and if i click account info to try and change the password on the account it freezes the phone as well.

The phone is jailbroken and I turned off the email accounts through BossPrefs and then did the directory permission fix and it still locks up when I try to delete or change password with that account.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hey guys got my iPhone 3G yesterday and setup about 5 email accounts on it and then now I have one email account that will not work and when I go to the settings > mail accounts and click delete it goes to the deleting screen for hours and it wont delete and if i click account info to try and change the password on the account it freezes the phone as well.

The phone is jailbroken and I turned off the email accounts through BossPrefs and then did the directory permission fix and it still locks up when I try to delete or change password with that account.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Have you tried a hard reset on your iPhone (Holding sleep button and home button at same time until iPhone powers off)? Mark

rhwd2003

Sep 25, 2008
Yes I have tried hard resetting the device numerous times and still can't delete or change the info on that email account.

I even tried to turn off each of the calendar, mail.... services and then trying to delete the account but it freezes when I try to disable those services for the account as well.

I have tried the BossPrefs fix and even looked at the permissions and send them through ssh to no luck.

Anyone have any last hope before I have to restore? Can you even restore on a jailbroken phone? 2.1... that is