Can't delete email address.....

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Here is the problem. I had my son's college email address under his contact in my phone. He has changed email address now and I deleted his old one and added the new one. When I start a new email or text message to him on my phone the old address is still there along with the new one. I have changed it on Mobile me contacts, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook and my Windows Address program. The old address no longer exists on my desktop in any address programs. Yet it remains on my iPhone along with the new one after many syncs. I'm giving you guys and girls the 1st shot at solving this before I contact Apple support...........Any suggestions?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's a flaw with the iPhone. Unfortunately, without jailbreaking, I don't think there is a fix for this issue as the "ghost address" is part of the iPhone's OS. I suppose restoring as a new device and syncing your contacts would solve it.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
This is something I would try. I would delete his contact entirely and make a new one for him. Change it slightly such as putting his middle initial in the name so it will list as a new contact with his current emai addy. Just a thought before you restore or hit up Apple. I think I remember reading somewhere on the forum about this glitch. The deleted email address will always show up on the selections if it was ever in the phone. Oh well, worth a try anyway.