Can't delete emails

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
I know how to put all emails in trash at once but the emails still show in my inbox after. First time I seen them in trash and deleted them but they don't even show up there anymore either to delete and are just stuck in the inbox to be deleted individually.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I had that happen once and had to delete the account from the phone and set it back up again. It took a few minutes but got rid of about 120 emails that I just could not delete any other way.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Yeah, delete the account, then add it back. I have problems at times deleting emails from Junk. They come back to Junk after deletion. I log in to my account in Safari and delete them there. Works every time and they don't come back.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yeah, delete the account, then add it back. I have problems at times deleting emails from Junk. They come back to Junk after deletion. I log in to my account in Safari and delete them there. Works every time and they don't come back.
For those hard-to-delete emails, try doing a long right-to-left swipe on the offender. This always works for me when the normal edit function doesn't work.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Curious, are those delete issues with GMail, email? I've not come across this with Outlook.com email, hence the question...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Curious, are those delete issues with GMail, email? I've not come across this with Outlook.com email, hence the question...
I get these issues with trash not deleting the first time with Microsoft Exchange (Hotmail), which is an IMAP server. I just right-to-left swipe each one all the way across the screen to delete them.

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
Emails using Yahoo. I just used my PC to delete them because I don't want to delete my folders when deleting the account.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The only issue I've had with Gmail is occasionally the Junk mail won't delete. It comes back. I've been going in Safari to delete them. I'll try the swipe next time.