Can't delete emails

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by superchaos, Jul 17, 2015.

1. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

I know how to put all emails in trash at once but the emails still show in my inbox after. First time I seen them in trash and deleted them but they don't even show up there anymore either to delete and are just stuck in the inbox to be deleted individually.

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I had that happen once and had to delete the account from the phone and set it back up again. It took a few minutes but got rid of about 120 emails that I just could not delete any other way.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yeah, delete the account, then add it back. I have problems at times deleting emails from Junk. They come back to Junk after deletion. I log in to my account in Safari and delete them there. Works every time and they don't come back.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

For those hard-to-delete emails, try doing a long right-to-left swipe on the offender. This always works for me when the normal edit function doesn't work.

5. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Curious, are those delete issues with GMail, email? I've not come across this with Outlook.com email, hence the question...

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I get these issues with trash not deleting the first time with Microsoft Exchange (Hotmail), which is an IMAP server. I just right-to-left swipe each one all the way across the screen to delete them.

7. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

Emails using Yahoo. I just used my PC to delete them because I don't want to delete my folders when deleting the account.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The only issue I've had with Gmail is occasionally the Junk mail won't delete. It comes back. I've been going in Safari to delete them. I'll try the swipe next time.