Can't delete individual contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MJGurner

Dec 14, 2011
Norfolk
I cant delete any contacts, I don't want to delete all just a few?
Why cant I do this?
I recently updated my phone and now I cant delete any contacts at all.
There use to be the edit button on the top right hand bit of the the contact but now there is nothing.
Any suggestions?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The only thing I can think of is something weird happened during the upgrade. Maybe if you upgraded and restored from a backup you had a corrupt backup file. The edit button needs to be there to delete a contact. Try
1- A hard restart
2- Restore the phone as new, not from a backup.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
There use to be the edit button on the top right hand bit of the the contact but now there is nothing.
Any suggestions?
You mean you cant even edit an individual contact? Restoring as new will put you back to ground zero, though you can then Restore from Backup. I would recommend the Hard Reset first. Restore as New is a last resort IMO.

MJGurner

Dec 14, 2011
Norfolk
Ok so - I've done a restore then restored my info and I still have the same problem.
When I go on a contact it has the usual info name number fact time that stuff - but no edit button, no scroll down nothing.
Is it possible that I've made some setting that I cant only edit contacts through my computer or something?
I really have no idea about anything

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
is this ok? can you see no edit button
yeah. That's so strange, sorry it's not that I didn't believe you. Are this contacts added from the phone, then synced to iTunes or were they already on your computer then added to your phone? it's probably a stupid question but I got nothing.
A restore should've fixed that.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I have never seen the contacts app with no edit button. Have you tried adding a contact from your phone and then Trying to delete it? Can you add contacts from your phone?

MJGurner

Dec 14, 2011
Norfolk
they were in my iTunes. Although this is the iPhone 4 I haven't had it very long uploaded the new phone from my old one it was working fine but it's since I've downloaded the new operating system when it came out. I've added new contact since then but they are all the same - I've even added one just now for you to see!
I've asked around but no one seems to know how to help! this was my last hope (aside from actually going to the Apple store!)

Attachments

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
they were in my iTunes. Although this is the iPhone 4 I haven't had it very long uploaded the new phone from my old one it was working fine but it's since I've downloaded the new operating system when it came out. I've added new contact since then but they are all the same - I've even added one just now for you to see!
I've asked around but no one seems to know how to help! this was my last hope (aside from actually going to the Apple store!)
did you look under iCloud like it says on my last post? Make sure contacts are set to ON. Do a hard reset after that and look again.