can't detect another mobile

May 3, 2007
actually this is my first time i used bluetooth. i try to activate/on the bluetooth to transfer photo to another mobile such as sony ericsson, but sony ericsson mobile can detect my iPhone and my iPhone can not detect that mobile..

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I'm not 100% on this but I don't think you can transfer photo's via bluetooth on the iPhone. You can only use the phone on bluetooth. If you can, that would be awsome.

Jul 23, 2007
4U2NV is right. bluetooth transfer of pictures or files is NOT possible with the iPhone. it can only transfer sound to a headset/car kit via bluetooth.
You would think Apple would allow you to do this. That would be a great feature and I would especially use it with sending pics over bluetooth to my friends' phones.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
You would think Apple would allow you to do this. That would be a great feature and I would especially use it with sending pics over bluetooth to my friends' phones.

No way Apple is going to let you use the Bluetooth for all its capabilities. That would obviate the necessity for iTunes.

Apple, it seems, will not let you do anything with the iPhone that would otherwise take you away from using iTunes.

The Bluetooth is crippled to the point where its sole purpose is for phone use. you can't even use Bluetooth for ipod audio.