Can't download books with eReader, help?

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Just like the title says I can't download any books with ereader. I have purchased books already, when I try to download I get an error that says it can't download and it goes back to the library. Anyone got any ideas ?

owensr

Jun 30, 2008
I have the same problem. From what I've read on the net Ereader's servers are gettinghammered with download requests. Hopefully things will sort out within a couple days.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i'm having the same problem. i wouldn't be surprised if their servers were having problems with the demand. their website has also been very slow. i hope they address this soon - there are some ebooks i plan on downloading soon!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
update - i just got this email from fictionwise in response to a support email i'd sent:

Hello,

We have been experiencing extremely heavy server load on ereader.com
due to the unprecedented success of the eReader on iPhone application.
Apparently thousands of people are simultaneously attempting to
download all of their purchases from eReader onto their iPhones and
iPod touch devices, almost at the same time. We are working to offload
this traffic and get the eReader.com site back to full speed, but this
may require a few days for us to configure new servers.

If you wish to test your eReader application on your iPhone or iPod
touch, we ask that you do not download all of your titles at one time.
Please just download a few titles individually.

If you are experiencing other issues or need help with working the
eReader application on your iPhone or iPod touch, please review our
help page and the video on this page:

http://www.ereader.com/iphonehelp.htm

We're sorry for the trouble and we appreciate your patience while we
work through this unexpected extra load on our servers. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Paul
eReader Support Team​

Last edited by a moderator:

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
i had this probelm too - go to ereader.com and make sure your credit card info is saved. It's working for me now...

'If you still experience errors while downloading, the most common cause of this is that you do not have a credit card registered at eReader.com or Fictionwise.com. Secure eBooks in the eReader format are encrypted using a credit card number and so if you do not have one on file with us the download server can't deliver the file. '

Ol!ver

Jul 28, 2008
i had this probelm too - go to ereader.com and make sure your credit card info is saved. It's working for me now...

'If you still experience errors while downloading, the most common cause of this is that you do not have a credit card registered at eReader.com or Fictionwise.com. Secure eBooks in the eReader format are encrypted using a credit card number and so if you do not have one on file with us the download server can't deliver the file. '
I found that worked too.

Last edited by a moderator:

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I was actually able to buy and download a book the other day, so whatever it was that wasn't working seems to be fine now. I am glad too, kind of tough to live without a book to read