Can't download MP3s from email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gvaldivia

Jun 19, 2007
You cannot download MP3s from emails. Anyone else no why you cant do this? It kinda sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvaldivia

Jun 19, 2007
yes well i can veiw my docs which is great. i love it! but man i get sent mp3 that i need to listen to for work and i would love to be able to get them on the go! anyone know when this will be added?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
nice try with the "MP3's for work" that's a good one. In any case you can send mp3's, but you can't save any without going through iTunes. If someone 'links" the MP3 from "work" then you can view it. It needs to be hosted from a website though and I doubt your "work" will do that :p

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
nice try with the "MP3's for work" that's a good one. In any case you can send mp3's, but you can't save any without going through iTunes. If someone 'links" the MP3 from "work" then you can view it. It needs to be hosted from a website though and I doubt your "work" will do that :p
A lot of times MP3/WAV files are used for voice mail. My company does that. You can listen to the voice mail via email. Some times MP3/WAV files are used to record customer service rep for training later.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Lots of things can't be done on the iPhone and this is one of them. I don't think piracy is the problem since you can play them if you read your mail on a Mac.

I do receive voice mail as wav files (Vonage) and I can't listen to them since I started using the iPhone (uses to listen to them with my Treo).

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Lots of things can't be done on the iPhone and this is one of them. I don't think piracy is the problem since you can play them if you read your mail on a Mac.

I do receive voice mail as wav files (Vonage) and I can't listen to them since I started using the iPhone (uses to listen to them with my Treo).
You can do this with orb.

Just add the folder that contains the wav files to the orb server.
Then go to mycast.orb.com and log in. The orb website will see you are in safari and convert the audio to a stream you can listen to in QT on your iPhone.

Make a shortcut in mycast called voicemail that points the the folder where your VM's are.

Mine come in as email attachments. I have an outlook rule that looks for emails from the phone PBX and saves the attachments to a folder.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You can do this with orb.

Just add the folder that contains the wav files to the orb server.
Then go to mycast.orb.com and log in. The orb website will see you are in safari and convert the audio to a stream you can listen to in QT on your iPhone.

Make a shortcut in mycast called voicemail that points the the folder where your VM's are.

Mine come in as email attachments. I have an outlook rule that looks for emails from the phone PBX and saves the attachments to a folder.
Thanks for the tip. Pretty amazing what lengths we go to to continue using this thing ;)

gvaldivia

Jun 19, 2007
actually i work for a latin radio station so im always getting new songs from artist and new artist! so iw ould like to be able to listen to them on the go!