Can't download pics from Picasa?

mccray44

Dec 22, 2008
Hello all new to the forum, purchased the iPhone a week ago and am happy with it but I have a lot of questions. The first is if I go to pics I have saved in Googles Picasa web Can I download them to my phone? On my Treo all I had to do was open up the picture in the browser and press on the screen and it would ask me where I wanted to save the picture and bam saved to my phone I could use as wallpaper show it to people etc. I have not managed to figure this out with the iPhone, I can open the pic and resize it but I cant save it to phone, Any help would be appreciated.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you hold (tap with your finger) the picture for a couple of seconds a box will pop up asking if you want to save it. This would require that your iPhone software is 2.1 or better. The picture will be saved to the camera roll on your iPhone.

mccray44

Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for replying...that is what I have been trying to do but it doesn't work! Could it be because my web albums are private? That didn't seem to matter on my Treo

mccray44

Dec 22, 2008
I just made a private album public in picasa web and still doesn't work..is there a setting wrong?Argghhhhhhhh

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Really the best way to do it is create a file on your pc with the pictures you want on the iPhone. Open iTunes and go to pictures and click the folder you want to sync to your phone. Sync it and your done.

mccray44

Dec 22, 2008
I figured that might be the best way to do it, just wanted to know if there was another way. Thanks for your help

Gio

Jan 19, 2009
I figured it out!

This worked for me, anyway. After creating your album on Picasa to share, DON'T click to “Share” button. At the bottom of your Picasa window (I have Picasa 3) there is an “Email” icon. Send the photos this way to your email address, then pull them up on your iPhone. (I emailed them via the "Google mail" option, and sent the album to my AOL email- which I’ve added to my phone’s mail account.) After you’ve opened your newly received email, you can download the photos to your iPhone by holding your finger on the first photo (or tapping the screen) for a second. You will be given the options of downloading a single picture, or all of them. Hope this helps. Good luck.

baidya

Jun 25, 2009
Is there any other direct way of getting a photo from my picasa album to my iPhone with out having either sync through my PC or emailing and then downloading the photo!