Can't edit the calendar of an existing item!

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I didn't know if this was common knowledge, but it just blows me away. What a ridiculous oversight. So much for fixing misfiled appointments while I'm on the crapper. :mad:

If I missed it, please let me know how. Thanks.

-K

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I didn't know if this was common knowledge, but it just blows me away. What a ridiculous oversight. So much for fixing misfiled appointments while I'm on the crapper. :mad:

If I missed it, please let me know how. Thanks.

-K
Tap the item, then hit edit.:p
But I have a hunch that's not what you mean :)

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
The only edit options I see are Title & Location, Start, End, Repeat, Alert, and Notes. I asked Apple tech about it, and the guy confirmed you'd have to delete the event and recreate it in the correct calendar. That's too Microsofty to believe, but it seems to be true.

Unless I got a weird firmware version. Anyone else able to change the calendar of an item?

-K

The only edit options I see are Title & Location, Start, End, Repeat, Alert, and Notes. I asked Apple tech about it, and the guy confirmed you'd have to delete the event and recreate it in the correct calendar. That's too Microsofty to believe, but it seems to be true.

Unless I got a weird firmware version. Anyone else able to change the calendar of an item?

-K
Looks like the Apple guy was right. The only way to change the calendar is to do it in ical or Entourage and then sync.

Maybe they'll add that in, in the next update?!? :)

It appears to me that it is only certain calendar items that were done prior to the update. Most of mine can be edited from anywere (Me.com, iCal, iPhone) but a few can only be updated either on the iPhone or iCal but not both or Me.

I switched from a PC to a Mac.... (thanks for the applause) and think that may have been part of the problem because everything I add now can be accessed and edited everywhere.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
It appears to me that it is only certain calendar items that were done prior to the update. Most of mine can be edited from anywere (Me.com, iCal, iPhone) but a few can only be updated either on the iPhone or iCal but not both or Me.
No joy. Even brand new events created on the iPhone a few seconds earlier cannot have their calendar assignments changed. Are you certain you're able to edit the calendar of the items? (I'm only talking about editing calendar assignments on the iPhone itself.)

I switched from a PC to a Mac.... (thanks for the applause)
(applause) :cool:

-K