Can't email pic

jspan

Jul 2, 2008
took a pic with my iPhone, and then sent it to my email....never got it.

i did that last week, still never got it, did it again to a completely different email server today...never got it.

whats wrong?

i have AT&T

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Checked spam folders on the receiving account? Received any errors back to the sending account indicating any problem? Tried sending to a different account to test? Do messages without attachments get to same account OK?

jspan

Jul 2, 2008
Checked spam folders on the receiving account? Received any errors back to the sending account indicating any problem? Tried sending to a different account to test? Do messages without attachments get to same account OK?
Yes I checked spam folders, nothing in them. Did not receive any errors to my phone. Have sent to 2 different accounts. I went to my photo's;selected a photo;selected to e-mail it;proceeded with that, but no photo gets sent

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yes I checked spam folders, nothing in them. Did not receive any errors to my phone. Have sent to 2 different accounts. I went to my photo's;selected a photo;selected to e-mail it;proceeded with that, but no photo gets sent
OK. Do you get the swoosh confirmation sound to indicate that it has sent?

jspan

Jul 2, 2008
OK. Do you get the swoosh confirmation sound to indicate that it has sent?

When I hit send, it sends me back to my start screen with no swoosh sounds.

jspan

Jul 2, 2008
Right - well that seems like an immediate fail. Are you jailbroken or not?

Also, are you sending from Camera Roll or a photo album?
I am jailbroken. I tried sending from photo album, and immediately after capturing the pic.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Maybe - if you can without major losses - try clearing the Camera Roll.

Also worth checking permissions on:

/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100Apple folder

Mine are 0700 and sending etc. works ok ....