Can't find backslash key

1. soozyqt

soozyqt New Member

I need to have a backslash key, so I can remotely log into an Outlook account. My login is domain\username. The problem is that I can't find the key for "\" on my iPhone keyboard. Am I crazy or just inept? Help, Im new!

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius Gold

Tap first on 123 key, then on the #+= key to rotate the symbols, and you'll see the backslash 2nd row from the top, 2nd one in from the left ...

Oh, and with most Exchange implementations, another way to render your username and domain is Username.DomainName - that should also be accepted ...

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius Platinum

on a side note, i wish they would have tried to have kept the general layout of symbols on the keyboard... as in this order (as close as possible): ~, !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, etc... i frequently have to hunt around for a symbol, and that's very un-apple-like.

5. soozyqt

soozyqt New Member

Thank you

It says something when you have to have on-line forums and in-store instructors for a phone. In fact, I'm on my way to the Apple store now to find out why I can receive email on my phone, but can't send it. Thanks for your comments.