Can't find movie I purchased on my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by debbiep, Nov 25, 2011.

1. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

I rented 3 movies and purchased one last night, all my rented movies downloaded fine, can't find the movie I purchased. When I try to repurchase it (thinking something happened during the purchase), I get a notice that says I've already purchased the movie and to look in my 'downloads'. Not there. First time I've had any problem like this. Help! ...........and thank you

2. RedWritingHood

Bronze

That happened I me once on my iPhone 3G with a song. I believe I turned it off, synced it & the sing was right where it was supposed to be.

I'm sure by now you've tried that... Any luck?

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Same thing happened to me after I upgraded to 5.0. If you have upgraded downloaded movies no longer go to the "iPod " music app under movies. They now hide in the new video app. Open the video app and look for the purchased tab. They should be there.

4. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

I've done everything imaginable but can't find that movie! Weird I've never had this issue before and if I rent a movie, no problems.

5. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

I'll answer my own question. I emailed Apple and they ended up refunding me my money. Nothing worked! I'll be hesitant to buy a movie (I do rarely, anyways). No issues at all renting though. Hope this helps others at least.

6. mattg56

mattg56 New Member

I encountered the same thing so I googled and it led me to this forum. I looked for days. I was not a member but created an account just so I could answer when I figured it out. Not under iTunes or movies section under music or any of the obvious places. It's under "videos" on the home screen. There is a "rented" tab and they are under there. Don't know why there is a section for podcasts, etc in music and not rented movies. or why it doesn't show up under "purchased" tab but good news they are there. One of the least intuitive things I've discovered about my iPad.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I was goin go too suggest to see if you have enough space left for the download and are on WIFI

8. tedm

tedm New Member

Fought with this for a couple of hours looking for a whole season of episodes I had downloaded already. When I looked to download again it wouldn't let me do it since they were "Downloaded" status. Finally I just searched the iPad for the word "Episode" and they all popped up. They're still not in the Video app or anywhere else, but at least I can play them. Please post if this solves a similar problem for you.