Can't find "street view" in maps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Torinate, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Hello everyone.

I can't seem to find the "street view" in the new maps. I've searched, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

It's frustrating! I rely on that daily.

It's also frustrating in that it can't find any places correctly. Took me 15 minutes today to find Harriston Ontario. Apparently, it's now Minto - the township.

Like the turn by turn.

It's says I live 4 houses down across the road however. I like my house better though...

Any word when google maps app is coming out? It's much more accurate here in Ontario.

Please help me find street view to keep my sanity!

Thanks

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

There. Is no street view in the new maps. If you want to use the old google maps go to www.maps.google.com. Follow the instructions to make it a short cut.

3. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

No street view? Really?

OMG... There's a few (SEVERAL) steps back!

Is there any way to go back to IOS 5?

I've downloaded the web app for google maps. Is there a street view there?

This just infuriates me! Guess I should have checked first. Guess I didn't even fathom that street view wouldn't be an integral part of the new maps. This is 2012!

Sorry for the rant.

Need help big time to revert to IOS 5

Thanks!

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You probably can't revert unless you were jailbroken. I understand that other Apps like Street View or ifindview may be a substitute. I understand your frustration. I have the new iPhone5 but have not activated it because with iOS 6 it has no Google Maps and thereforee no Streetview. Giant step backwards. In addition I checked with a friends iP4S today on iOS 6 and couldn't even get Hybrid or Satellite view for my own location. I'll stick with my iP4S and iOS 5.1.1 just to keep Google Maps.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Since I've got 2 big out of town trips in the next 7 weeks, this may be the thing that keeps me on iOS 5 for now. I do still want that panorama view camera feature though. I'm so torn!

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Torn?! I have the new iPhone 5 and do not want to activate it as I will have iOS 6 by default. I think some things will happen in the next week to fix this issue. Google Maps App in App Store? I hope Apple doesn't drop the ball on this one. Tim, you are no Steve.

7. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Man, I hope they get that app up there. I'm so perturbed right now. I considered shelling out the $600 + for the 5 too. I'm thinking i'll hold off and alwait and see. Maybe the new iPhone I want is an S3...