Can't get $100 rebate because I changed my phone number

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
Hey, I am trying to redeem my rebate, but since I changed my iPhone's number (due to harassing calls), I can't receive that sms text message needed for the code.

I am in no man's land. Thanks Apple!

Anyone know how to get out of this situation?

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I changed my # but had no problems getting the rebate. I did change the number about a week after getting the phone, though (so about 10 days after launch.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
hey this is the email they sent me

Dear iPhone Customer,

We experienced an error when activating your Apple Store credit. The issue has been corrected. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and would like to ask that you visit our site again, www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit <http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit> to obtain a new electronic credit code.

and it still doesn't work ,, what gives?

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
The two people that changed phonenumbers, both of you should call Apple. Don't e-mail.
Well, I called Apple, and they told me to go to the store I bought it at. I went to the store, and they told me to "call At&t" (displaying the usual "Apple Attitude") I insisted to them that this wasn't an ATT issue, and after working on it for a while, and a little more Apple Attitude...I got close to getting the rebate. They are trying to somehow update my old serial number to work with my new phone number...blah blah blah...I almost don't care at this point...

I've been an Apple fan since my very first Apple IIC, but I just feel like Apple is heading in a wrong direction these days...almost like they are just "entitled" to my money. They have to earn the money. Success is destroying Apple...anyways, I digress.

I'll let you guys know how I resolve this so anyone else in my shoes can follow my actions and get their rebate.

dale9271

Aug 24, 2007
same issue here... went to Apple store theywere useless... called Apple care same attitude... finally sent an email in.. got a reply stating that they will reply in 48-72hrs...

pa33

Sep 18, 2007
Same Issue

Anybody been able to get the $100 finally? my iPhone was activated with temp number since existing number needed to be manually ported. Am getting same message with current(correct) number and am still waiting for response from Apple.com ...... How do you get a live person on the phone?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I finally got it to work,, after emailing them like 3 or 4 times, they kept telling me that it worked but it didn't until I sent them an email saying that it still didn't work and that I was frustrated with the system. Got 2 Apple gift cards :)

pa33

Sep 18, 2007
I finally got it to work,, after emailing them like 3 or 4 times, they kept telling me that it worked but it didn't until I sent them an email saying that it still didn't work and that I was frustrated with the system. Got 2 Apple gift cards :)
LITERALLY just did the same thing....THANKS.

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
$200?.....................