Can't get 4S to be recognized in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by gadgetgal, Jun 21, 2012.

1. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

My iPhone 4 S is not recgnized at all in iTunes on my Macbook.
    I have my 4S currently connected with my Windows 7 desktop at home. (had a Mac Mini that was on last legs). Anyhow, neither my iPhone or iPad will reliably Wifi sync to my desktop. USB cable, of course. I have my contacts and calendars to the Cloud anyway, but I prefer to update my apps using iTunes sync and it's getting annoying to have to plug in when Wifi should be reliable but isn't.
    Well, I also in the fall got a Macbook, not Mcbook Pro-this is a beautiful reconditioned one that I'd always wanted-upgraded to 4GB Ram-gotten as a present for me for work. I have left it alone in terms of any syncing since it's not always on at home like my desktop.
    Well, because I do use it so much at work, I was thinking it would be good to use for my app updates. It has Snow Leopaard on it and should be able to do the Wifi sync for that matter, but at my desk I'd have no issue just doing the cable since I'm sitting right there-not that plugging in phone to AC would be a big deal, but the "convenience factor" wouldn't be there as I don't need to charge my phone at work usually.
    But anyhow--it simply will not recognize my phone at all. Even though iTunes is built in, I deleted it and reinstalled. It showed up once and only once after I did a reboot before reinstall of iTunes. And that's irrelevant to a point as it's rebooted every day anyway. I find this ridiculous as it's an Apple computer so why doesn't the iTunes it in register my phone? Anyone have any ideas?

2. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

Well-update on this one! For some reason, and I have no idea why, when I plugged in today to begin my current attempt, my phone was recognized in iTunes. I did absolutely nothing but plug in. My iTunes is the latest version-I had already checked that before. I'd of course done the reboot of both iPhone and computer, so I was at a loss of what else could be done. And today, suddenly out of the blue it seems to be working. I just transferred my purchases over, set up automatic downloads and Wifi sync. And then to top it all off--my total wish! I can now sync my apps over iTunes without plugging in! This may seem like no big deal, but even when I was able to initiate a Wifi sync at home, I could never get it to do so without being plugged into the AC outlet, and then it would not initiate a Wifi sync from my phone. Knock on wood, it seems it's all working now. Now I will probably just use my Macbook as the primary computer for my phone.

3. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

So did you fix your issue?