Can't get Absinthe to run

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by bballrob, Aug 5, 2012.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

My son just got a new iPod that is on iOS 5.1.1. I'm trying to jailbreak it on my MBP. I've re-downloaded Absinthe, and I still can't get it to work. I've got the folder open that showes Absinthe, Changelog.txt, and readme.txt. I click on Absinthe and it acts like it's opening, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

On the MBP the download is a little different. I am on the came computer. Did you see the folder where you drag Absinthe to the Applications and then it runs the installation? Did you choose the Mac version of Absinthe?

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I did choose the Mac version. I'm not sure about where you are saying I need to drag it to to run it.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

- MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7

I am now having the same issue you're having. Are you on the newest upgrade for the Mac - Mountain Lion? If so, that's your problem. It's not supported for 10.8 yet.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yes, I'm upgraded. Good catch. Thanks.

Guess we'll have to download it to the old windows machine and do it there.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Excellent! No matter which system you use, the jailbreak is fast and easy to do! All you have to do is press one button and let the program do the rest. Let me know if you have any other questions during or after the jailbreak. :)

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

WIll do. Like I said, this is for my son's iPod Touch 4th Gen. I have an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which are both already done.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's awesome that you Jailbreak all your Apple devices. Well done! Hope your son enjoys being jailbroken. It is a lot of fun.