Can't get album artwork sync to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JustinL50, Jun 29, 2010.

1. JustinL50

JustinL50
    Expand Collapse

Jun 26, 2010
    Ok, bear with me this is my first iPhone and still trying to figure it out and i am having trouble getting my album artwork to show up on the phone. I have the artwork for all my albums on my computer but even after i sync it up, the artwork is not showing up. What am i doing wrong or what is it that i need to do? Thanks

2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. Krunk83

Krunk83
    Expand Collapse
    Zealot
    Gold

Jun 28, 2008
    What kind of files are they.

4. SikPup

SikPup
    Expand Collapse
    Bronze

Jun 26, 2009
    This sounds silly but your holding the phone in landscape right?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Krunk83

Krunk83
    Expand Collapse
    Zealot
    Gold

Jun 28, 2008
    That has nothing to do with it. They aren't even syncing to his phone.

6. JustinL50

JustinL50
    Expand Collapse

Jun 26, 2010
    They are just cd's that i have copied onto my computer. I have the artwork showing up in my library on my comp but when i go to sync it to my iPhone the songs get transferred but no artwork...yes its in landscape.

7. SikPup

SikPup
    Expand Collapse
    Bronze

Jun 26, 2009
    Is there an error message when you sync? the only time you see them is when a song is playing or in landscape.

8. JustinL50

JustinL50
    Expand Collapse

Jun 26, 2010
    There is no error message. It says that it is ok to disconnect but still no artwork. There is no artwork at all....when i'm browsing the library on my phone, when music is playing, nothing.

9. SikPup

SikPup
    Expand Collapse
    Bronze

Jun 26, 2009
    Is the display album artwork checked when you sync?

10. JustinL50

JustinL50
    Expand Collapse

Jun 26, 2010
    I don't know about the album artwork but the songs that i transfer are. How do i check the artwork?

11. iPad Fanatic

iPad Fanatic
    Expand Collapse

Jun 24, 2010
    One way to get it to show up is to click on the songs you have album artwork for and click on "get info". There is a tab for artwork you can place your file in.

12. JustinL50

JustinL50
    Expand Collapse

Jun 26, 2010
    I've got the artwork on my comp. just not on my iPhone. I've even googled on how to do it and it should automatically sync, which it does...everything except artwork. I'm lost!

13. JusSumguy

JusSumguy
    Expand Collapse
    Bronze

Apr 6, 2010
    In iTunes there's an option " get album artwork" which should get most of them.

14. skatelakai12

skatelakai12
    Expand Collapse

Feb 27, 2012
    in iTunes click on the button "advanced" in the tool bar click on get album art, this should work if you have your artist and album names filled in on the info page for your music, and sync it , that worked for me goodsir

15. huifenghe73737

huifenghe73737
    Expand Collapse

Feb 27, 2012
    This sounds silly but your holding the phone in landscape right?

#14 huifenghe73737, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  16. bikewrecker

bikewrecker
    Expand Collapse

Aug 10, 2012
    I had this problem as well brother. What you have to do is go into the "music" tab on the left under "Lybrary" then you go to one of the songs on your computer that has the album artwork on it, right click and go to "get info" from there you go to the "artwork" tab on the far right right click the album art and say copy. Now you go to the "music" tab on the left but under "Your name's iPhone" go to the album with the same artwork as the one you just copied, select all songs on the album right click and go to "get info" on those. In the bottom right you should see a white square labeled "artwork" right click on the box and select "paste." Repeat for all albums. After you're done with all of the albums click on the "autofill" button on the bottom right.

I know it's not ideal for a lot of albums but it's the only way I found how to do it. Hope this works for you!

17. Booyow1204

Booyow1204
    Expand Collapse
    Contributor
    Silver

Jul 14, 2010
    When I have this issue I copy the artwork that is missing (whether from another song or off the Internet myself) highlight all the songs on the album and just paste it into the little artwork box. Click ok and I can see the highlighted album change, I don't normally mess w/the iPhone tab. I just stick to music. I sync and it usually works.