Can't get Facebook . . .

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I have a JB'd 3G, version 2.1 software. I'm trying to install Facebook from the App Store, and I get the message, "This application is not compatible with this iPhone."

Any suggestions?

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Update to 2.2 at least?

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
I have a JB'd 3G, version 2.1 software. I'm trying to install Facebook from the App Store, and I get the message, "This application is not compatible with this iPhone."

Any suggestions?
I am on 2.1 and I've got facebook installed. Perhaps close iTunes and then try again?

lili

Mar 23, 2009
facebook for iPhone : not compatible

Hello
I have the same problem
I am on fw 2.1
and I've deleted facebook app by accident and now when I try to download it again I get the error message :this app is not compatible with your iPhone.

I cannot upgrade to fw 2.2 (I bought the iPhone jailbreak and the seller told me to never upgrade or may "break" the iPhone ("Please remember DO NOT update firmware through iTunes on your iPhone as the device may lock up and become unusable. And all 3rd party software (video recorder) and all the Games will be deleted. You have been warned :)")

So what can I do?

Is there a way to download the facebook app for version 2.1 ?

Thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is your phone unlocked or just jailbroken?
What the seller told you is not true. What he meant was if you do the updates in iTunes, you will erase the JB. This is fine, you just need to rejailbreak each time you want the new FW updates. There is no way around this. It's safest to restore to factory settings rather than just install the updates. Starting fresh each time prevents traces of the JB from staying on the phone which can potentially cause problems.

If your phone isn't unlocked, restore to factory settings in iTunes with the 2.2.1 FW and then rejailbreak. If the phone is unlocked, restore to factory settings with the 2.2 FW and then rejailbreak. You can get 2.2 here if you need it. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

lili

Mar 23, 2009
Hello

First of all thank you

I wouldlike to know how do I know if my iPhone is unlocked? (I bought it in the US. Using it in Israel with a TurboSim...)

Also if I do update it how will I be able to rejailbreak it?
Will I loose everything in my iPhone (like formatting a computer) - Games/Songs etc... ?

Thanks for your answers

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's unlocked since you bought it in the US and aren't using AT&T.
You can restore it to factory settings with the 2.2 ISPW, rejailbreak it with QuickPWN, and then unlock it with yellowsn0w. Do NOT upgrade to 2.2.1 or you won't be able to unlock it and the phone features won't work. Be sure to use the 2.2 ISPW. Download and save it to your desktop before restoring. I put a link for the download in my post above.