Can't get my iPhone to sync with iTunes

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
I can't get my iPhone to sync with my iTunes ever. i have tired everything it says to do in the troubleshooting section of the iPhone manually and it still doesn't work. i get a error saying "iTunes was unable to load dataclass informationfrom sync services. Reconnect or try again later". I have tired every usb port on my computer and i have the latest iTunes. any ideas

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
First, ignore the second link above. Second, restore the phone in iTunes. You can restore from a back up, which will set it up exactly how it was at the time of the last back up, as long as it's not jailbroken.

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
First, ignore the second link above. Second, restore the phone in iTunes. You can restore from a back up, which will set it up exactly how it was at the time of the last back up, as long as it's not jailbroken.

I have never backed up the phone before. I just got it and was never able to sync it.

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
Welcome to EiC :) I just posted a link to the Apple iTunes Support Page.

Try Apple (Click Here)

Good luck :)
i tired everything on there and none of it worked still getting the same error massage. i even messed around with the start up settings like it said to do but i got a error about iTunes can't use the iPhone for some reason.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not sure how you got it set up in the first place then as iTunes syncs and backs it the first time you set it up.

You'll need to restore it to factory settings then. After restoring it, it should sync and back up.

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
I'm not sure how you got it set up in the first place then as iTunes syncs and backs it the first time you set it up.

You'll need to restore it to factory settings then. After restoring it, it should sync and back up.

I never set anything up. The first time I updated iTunes and then plugged the iPhone it pops up the which program to use for the camera. And then I get the error I posted in the first post.

sgoochusa

Apr 5, 2007
I have the same problem, Apple store and telephone could not help. Will not sync with my Vista sp2 laptop, had to sync with my desktop Windows XP works.

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
I have the same problem, Apple store and telephone could not help. Will not sync with my Vista sp2 laptop, had to sync with my desktop Windows XP works.
I don't have vista I'm on xp and have USB 2.0 just if that will help anyone solve my problem.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
BlackSVTL, have you tried shutting down your firewall and antivirus software or noticed any firewall window pop up when you first connected the iPhone?

BlackSVTL

Aug 25, 2009
BlackSVTL, have you tried shutting down your firewall and antivirus software or noticed any firewall window pop up when you first connected the iPhone?
yes i shut down my firewall and it still didn't work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling it?

jorge6493

Oct 5, 2009
try in preferences to rest the sync history

jorge6493

Oct 5, 2009
never mind about that.

do this it worked for me:
1. uninstall iTunes
2. move the iTunes folder from my music or wherever you have it
3. go to C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\program files or something like that( its a hidden folder)\Apple Computer. there delete the iTunes folder.
4. install iTunes
5. open then close iTunes to do all that licence thing bla and activate your pc again and blah.
5. put back again the iTunes folder back to my music
6. open and sync
thats all
it worked for me i don't no you but i wish you luck