Can't get rid of previously purchased items from music library

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Paul Bennett, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Hi, new to the forum. Need some advice, I cannot clear all the music from my phone. I have cleared it all from the iTunes on my computer but it still leaves music I have previously purchased through iTunes. I have turned everything concerning music off in the settings on the phone, but still they appear. I just want to know how I can completely clear all music from my phone, because the songs still play when I listen to music, and I don't want them anymore. Help!

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Can you not just delete the songs in your music player? If you are using the stock music app, go into the list of songs and you can swipe to the left to delete.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Go to your stock music app. Select "Songs" at the bottom. Swipe a song to the left to show "DELETE". Like this:
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1406640294.319314.jpg

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

By doing this, the songs are still there...at least when I did it. I had to fully remove them / the album from my iTunes.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You say still there. Do you mean with a cloud out beside it? It's like apps in the App Store purchased list. Old apps you long ago deleted can still be seen. Same thing. I never have to do anything on a computer like that. If you don't want to see those in the "Songs" list, go to your phone's settings>Music>toggle off "Show All Music", and those with the cloud will be hidden. Not gone for good. If you want to add them back, go back to settings and turn that back on. Then tap the cloud.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1406663555.274241.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He meant that they remain in iTunes on your computer if you delete them on the phone, which is correct.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Oh, you meant still on your computer. My bad. It sounded like you meant still on your phone. :)

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I actually meant what you said exactly, I think. When I delete songs from my iPhone they don't fully delete which is unfortunate. They will fully be gone I think once it's fully removed on iTunes.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Did toggling off "show all music" in settings not work? Or since you already removed them you can't tell?

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Oh I was just mentioning it as it was an issue for me. I had to research it and toggling show all music off was one of the procedures.