Can't hear calls.

ARF900

Jun 12, 2009
Can someone tell me how to fix this? It's odd. When I am in a call with someone, I cant barely hear them, It's very faint. But they can hear me perfectly, Its fine if im using the speaker or headset. The strange thing is I can hear voicemails clearly, it's just very faint when I am in a call.

Can anyone help me with this? :laugh2:

OLIN

Jun 12, 2009
ok im new to this forum but what your talking about is somthing that bothered me a lot.
I had the same problem.
When i asked Apple about it. they told me to "restore" the phone then "reinstall/sync" my apps. so far it has fixed that little bug. but i feel for ya. it was fustrating to be in a call and have the phone go quiet like that.
Olin

OLIN

Jun 12, 2009
apperntly this is somthing that only happens to a few. what happens is, while in a call. for no reason at all, your speaker stops working and u can't hear anything or almost anything. Apple said to just restore the phone to orig. state. then sync it up again. i also have lighting problems. while in a call the face plate dims out when im entering numbers to text somone. Again Apple just says its a glitch and to wipe the phones memory, then reinstall everything. its never a hardware issue... but i still diigg my phone more and more everyday.

ARF900

Jun 12, 2009
I restored it, but when I restored I restored to the settings of my phone. I didn't select restore as new iPhone. does that make a difference because im still having this problem.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I restored it, but when I restored I restored to the settings of my phone. I didn't select restore as new iPhone. does that make a difference because im still having this problem.
Yes, it makes a difference. Restoring from back up can "back up" and restore the problems and errors right back onto the phone. Try restoring to factory settings.

ARF900

Jun 12, 2009
ok I just did that before reading this and everything is fine. Thanks!

OLIN

Jun 12, 2009
well... there you have it.
Solved.
i had done the same. restored to factory settings. then went from there. its a sacrifice you have to make but its worth it. just remember to back up the phone once you have it set where you like it and keep that handy. every backup copies then overwrites the last still make a copy. if its a "perfect" set up u like. it becomes your personal restore point. this has come in handy several times.
Olin