Can't hear Siri's tone when activated

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Javy78

Dec 19, 2011
Los Angeles
www.hrc.org
My Siri is not working. I can't hear the tone when it's activate and can't hear when she responds. I've checked the settings and volume and ALL are fine. Also, I am not using a Bluetooth nor earphones.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Javy78

Dec 19, 2011
Los Angeles
www.hrc.org
To activate/deactivate, I go to Settings>General>Siri>On/off. And yes, I still get a response (read them) to my questions or when I set up a reminder or alarm, etc. etc. But I can't HEAR Siri's responses.

Javy78

Dec 19, 2011
Los Angeles
www.hrc.org
@Vols, activated = pressing the home button for few secs until Siri's mic comes up. Then I speak like I did before, Siri does its thing and responds but there's no voice. My volume is up and the Settings are where they should be, I've confirm this with friend's who also have 4S.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Volume is all the way up using the side buttons and voice feed back is set to "always" and still can't hear Siri when she responds.
my only suggestion before going or calling Apple is to do a hard reset and if that doesn't work do a restore.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you tried holding the phone next to your face to activate Siri? Try a hard-reset. You could lower your system volume all the way to zero and back up to a 100%. Your phone may just be having a tantrum.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've hold my phone to my face in different positions. If I do a hard-reset, do things get deleted or apps moved around (or out of my folders)?
No. Your applications will not get deleted or moved from folders. A hard-reset is performed by holding down both the home button and power buttons at the same time. Release both buttons as soon as you see the White Apple logo. This will reboot your phone. It may help.

janner94

May 12, 2012
Thank you hboover.....I was not able to hear Siri's voice so I checked all settings, did the hard reset thing twice, then I saw your post and holding down the home button and pushing the volume button up at the same time worked like a charm!