Can't Install/Remove anything on Cydia(Source Error)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tim Harper

Bronze
Aug 12, 2008
Springfield, IL
Source Error
trying to overwrite
'/System/Library/Internet Plugins/File Download
Plugin.webplugin/info.plist', which is

Can't install or remove any programs or modifications on cydia because of it. Just started last night out of no where, so no clue what to do to fix it.

If anyone has a link they can have me read or anything I can do to fix it, let me know. I would hate to have to jailbreak my phone again and add everything all over again for a second time in the last two weeks.

Tim Harper

Tim Harper

Bronze
Aug 12, 2008
Springfield, IL
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/272831-cydia-source-error-unknown-error.html

According to this, you should try using Cydia on Edge or someone else's wifi. Perhaps reset network settings would solve it permanently?
Didn't work and I had scoured the message boards to an answer to it. It had beachballed on the Apple Logo when trying to restore and no luck.

I had to factory restore again, but I used AptBackup so it wasn't too big of a deal. Just adding the contacts back is a pain.

Oct 17, 2011
I am having similar problems. Not sure when this started to happen, but it always wants me to install imagemagick even if all I am trying to do is uninstall an ap/tweak/w/e...

Here is the error message i got when i tried to remove facebreak...

photo.PNG

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I would say your problem lies with "Animate" the boot logo changer you installed from Cydia....going by the screen shot...
Again can you enter safemode, and in Cydia delete animate...?

edit: forget safemode...just enter Cydia and delete Animate...

Oct 17, 2011
I tried to get rid of that tweak in cydia but it still won't let me. Do you know how to get to safe mode other than by crashing? I read that sb settings will allow you to but I can't seem to find that on there...