Can't log in on app (no error)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I was just thinking of the app earlier, and I figured I should go download it again (I've wiped my iPhone a few times since I last had it). However, I can't log in. I fill in my username, and password, and press Go on the keyboard or Login in the nav bar...nothing. It throbs for a moment, then goes back to the main screen and I'm still not logged in. I don't get any error messages, and I'm pretty sure my password is correct - I copied/pasted from LastPass. The login works in Tapatalk, as well as on Safari -- although in Safari, it behaved the same way as the app at first, because for some reason cookies had been turned off. Turning them back on had no effect on the app.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I've had issues with the app where it shows that I have to log back I to the forum. Ok, so I try and it dumps me back to the screen saying I need to log in. I have found that if I respring my device, it works again with no issues. Doesn't happen too often, but every once in a blue moon. Not sure if that helps or not, but worth a shot.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Did you try deleting the app and downloading from the App Store. It's not a new version, but this sometimes cleans out the cobwebs. I also updated the server side stuff yesterday, in hopes that would correct any lingering issues on the server side.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yep, it was a fresh install of the app as it is. I deleted and redownloaded again, the only difference this time is that the Register button disappears (the login button is still there and I am still not logged in)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yep, it was a fresh install of the app as it is. I deleted and redownloaded again, the only difference this time is that the Register button disappears (the login button is still there and I am still not logged in)
stranger and stranger by the minute. With it in this strange "half logged in" stage, I can post a new topic but not reply.

4a8a4f45-a5ee-b234.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334879544.223077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334879563.704799.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334879575.327742.jpg

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If it helps track the problem down, I just updated to the latest Tapatalk app, and now it exhibits similar behavior. I log in, it returns me to the forum list and I still have a Login button (no Register button). I can't post anywhere, though.

edit: Starting to think it's my phone. Now Tapatalk is having a problem logging in on ANY forum. I probably need to wipe my phone again. *sigh*

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If it helps track the problem down, I just updated to the latest Tapatalk app, and now it exhibits similar behavior. I log in, it returns me to the forum list and I still have a Login button (no Register button). I can't post anywhere, though.

edit: Starting to think it's my phone. Now Tapatalk is having a problem logging in on ANY forum. I probably need to wipe my phone again. *sigh*
Keep me updated.

*You use other forums?:sneaky: