Can't Login to Netflix App

1. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

I haven't been able to login to the Netflix app on my 4S for a couple days now. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app several times.

It keeps saying that the login has timed out and to check that my username and password are correctly entered (which I've obviously done - reset my password just in case though - plus my account is working fine on my laptop). Netflix was working great on my iPhone up until a couple days ago but now I can't figure out for the life of me what's wrong.

It's definitely not my wifi because I've checked my wifi connection already, and everything else on my iPhone works like a charm.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Screenshots?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Of course when I try again it won't give me that same message about the username and password! But here's what it gave me this time (tried twice and two different messages), then the black screen is now what it's stuck on?!

Attached Files:

5. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Agh! I just got in! Go figure after 2 damn days of problems, it works 5 minutes after posting in here. In any case, I'm sure it will happen again since it seems like I have problems with the app every few days. I've had to delete and reinstall seriously at least 10 times.

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

So the unable to connect error is very very very common. Most common reason is a network outage from Netflix servers.
    I checked Netflix support site for the login timeout error and didn't see anything. All of the login errors it says to delete app or restart Apple product over again.

Not much help I know. Have u tried creating another login? Well that would be stupid Because your login works on other devices (laptop). Sorry typing out loud. Has to be the app itself.
    If you have another email addy try creating a new login and what not see if you still get the error.

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Well I am glad it worked out regardless of the reason why lol

8. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Well, misery loves company, so it's nice to know the connectivity problem isn't just with me. First world problems eh? ;)

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Right!

10. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Next time you have any problems, just post here... they will surely fix themselves in a matter of minutes! ;)

11. Slymo

Slymo New Member

I get the "wrong user name and password" all the time with the app. I have cleared the cache, uninstalled you name it but it never works. I can login to netflix with a browser on my iPhone and today I downloaded a third party queue app and was able to login which is pretty funny.

12. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Should I be concerned about this when I didn't make any changes at all?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1358306737.532593.jpg

13. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

You know with all the problems you had and now this, I think I would change my password just in case.

14. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Sigh...can someone do me a favour and tell me if their Netflix is down right now too?

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Oh Ginny. That sigh made me want to hug you. Damn you Netflix.

16. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

I'll take the hug. ;)

17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Have I ever said no to you?

18. Europa

Europa Genius
    Senior Moderator

1. Go to Settings on your phone > Netflix > Reset > On.
    2. Then go to the Netflix website on your computer > Your Account > Your Streaming Plan > Manage Devices and Computers > Activate a Device

Let me know if that doesn't work. You might need to adjust a setting on your router. Does it work on other WiFi networks and 4G?

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Damn, you're sexy when you talk routers and networks and, and...

20. Europa

Europa Genius
    Senior Moderator

Just in case the suggestions in my previous post don't help, and Netflix does work on other WiFi networks and 4G but not on your WiFi network, you can try changing a setting on your iPhone before making any adjustments on your router. Sometimes Netflix looks like a rebind attack and DD-WRT blocks it. Changing it to Google's DNS server will fix that:

On the phone, go to Settings, WiFi, then click the blue arrow next to your network, go to DNS and change it to 8.8.8.8.

21. SpyBot

SpyBot New Member

It seems to go through fazes. Sometimes it just won't work for a day or two. Them *ba-bam!* runs perfect. I'm betting it's something on their side. Hard to complain, though. It's a pretty phenomenal service. :)