Can't Merge Calls

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I tried to talk to two people simultaneously but it wouldn't allow me to merge. I had to keep switching over. Anyone else have this problem?

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Yes. I called one person. Told them to hold. Called a 2nd person talked to them. Tried to merge the calls so we could talk together but it never merged us. I eventually had to drop one of them.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I've been able to merge calls with no problem.

Funny occurrence: I'm not sure if I had anything to do with this or not, but one time I was talking to a friend, and suddenly it called her on one of the other numbers stored under her name in my contact list. lol
So i'm talking to her on her cell phone, and all of a sudden, it just puts her on hold and calls her house. WTF? lol

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
If you kept your old AT&T phone plan and added the data plan to it, it's plausible that the original plan doesn't support call conferencing.

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
The key is in the PLAN! It's not the phone. I just called ATT and I wasn't set up for conference calling (even though I should have been when I added the 450 minute plan in Janurary). After the rep did her thing I am now able to merge calls. It says "Conferencing" at the top. Thanks for the advice!

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
The key is in the PLAN! It's not the phone. I just called ATT and I wasn't set up for conference calling (even though I should have been when I added the 450 minute plan in Janurary). After the rep did her thing I am now able to merge calls. It says "Conferencing" at the top. Thanks for the advice!
I love threads that actually solve a problem. Thanks, jones, for posting that you found a solution, so the rest of us will know how to fix this if it ever becomes a problem for us.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Call AT&T. For some reason this isn't set up w/o asking for it and you'll need an access code from them. The exact same thing happened to me last week. I called Apple and they referred me to AT&T. A rep there sent my iPhone a code, told me to turn the phone off for a couple of minutes, turn it back on and voila, it worked. Good luck. Cheers !

Apr 17, 2009
So nice when you can find a 'fix' and - at the same time - prove that you are neither crazy nor technically inept.

Thanks for letting me know it was AT&T's doing.