cant navigate iPhone because of voice speech SETTING

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
I turned on in settings the voice command program on accident where the woman speaks every button you press and it operates on a double click basis.

i can navigate to settings however i cannot scroll to the bottom of the screen? how can i do this so i have access to turn this CRAP off....it friggin sux and is ruining my phone i can hardly access anything or do ne thing with it.

please HELP!@

doubels1

vijaynh

Mar 16, 2010
cant-navigate-iphone-because-of-voice-speech settings

Did anyone find the solution for this yet? even i am facing the same problem..awaiting...

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
When you get to the screen you want, double tap and HOLD your finger down (wait until you hear a series of tones) and drag finger down the page to scroll to the option to turn it off. When you lift your finger the page should stay to where you scrolled.
Or you can use three fingers to swipe and scroll.

vijaynh

Mar 16, 2010
thanks for your lightning response..i just restored my iPhone to factory settings..since my internet connectivity is very slow, it may take another couple of hours to update the software and restore to factory settings...by the way,will this help me to get rid of the above subject? thanks in advance...

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
If you restore as a new device...the problem should disappear. If you restore from backup...then you may have to turn it off as I posted.

vijaynh

Mar 16, 2010
trust me, your first reply worked...now i got rid of the text to voice. By accidentally i had selected voice over ON due to which i was not able to navigate through iPhone settings menu...i used three fingers to swipe and switch to options...
have a great time ahead...cheers!

4ukh

Mar 21, 2010
i'll never use this ojopasdufasfj voice command ever....

thanks for sharing.

4ukh