Can't (only) activate iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

zwuncki

Oct 4, 2007
hello.

i got my iPhone yesterday, unfortunately a 1.1.1 version.

so today i downgraded to firmware 1.02 with apptab. i think it worked, as the program said completed.

so then i rebooted the PC (windows xp), and then launched ibrickr to activate the phone without AT&T contract.

the iPhone is recognized but i don't get the Free my iPhone screen, just a screen with 4 categories for ringtones, sounds, apps, files.

the iPhone is connected to the PC, iTunes is not running, neither is iTuneshelper.exe.

this iTunesmobiledevice.dll file was copied to the ibrickr folder, of course firmware 1.02 was downloaded by iTunes (version 7.42) before downgrade.

i know i can't unlock the iPhone but at least i wanna use it without the phone functions (as an ipod touch f.e.).

i would be very happy if you would help me.

thx very much.

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
hello.

i got my iPhone yesterday, unfortunately a 1.1.1 version.

so today i downgraded to firmware 1.02 with apptab. i think it worked, as the program said completed.

so then i rebooted the PC (windows xp), and then launched ibrickr to activate the phone without AT&T contract.

the iPhone is recognized but i don't get the Free my iPhone screen, just a screen with 4 categories for ringtones, sounds, apps, files.

the iPhone is connected to the PC, iTunes is not running, neither is iTuneshelper.exe.

this iTunesmobiledevice.dll file was copied to the ibrickr folder, of course firmware 1.02 was downloaded by iTunes (version 7.42) before downgrade.

i know i can't unlock the iPhone but at least i wanna use it without the phone functions (as an ipod touch f.e.).

i would be very happy if you would help me.

thx very much.

how come you just didn't get an ipod touch in that case?

usually once you get to that portion that says applications, ringtones, sounds then your phone is already unlocked in the sense that you can access the OS on the phone (you just cant use it with any sim card yet)

can you see menus on your phone?