Can't print from iphone 7 after update to ios11

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by wildor, Sep 29, 2017.

1. wildor

wildor New Member

Has anyone had this problem?
    I've tried to print a document from several apps to my printer connected to my PC. When I hit "print"
    I keep getting the message "The security of the connection could not be verified" . I press OK but the message keeps coming back and locks up the iphone. I'm able to print from my old ipad on ios9. I was also able to print from iphone on ios10.3.3

2. wildor

wildor New Member

I was able to fix the printing problem no thanks to Apple.
    First I went to the Genius Bar at the Apple store. They said they couldn't help because we weren't on network with printer. So they
    set up a phone call with tech support when I was home. They logged into my phone and we looked at the error message, then
    they had me power down everything(router, computer, printer).(I knew that wouldn't work). Finally they pushed it off on the printer manufacturer(HP) and told me to contact them for new printer driver. No new drivers for that printer. All this was a waste of time.
    I installed a printer assist app called Printer Pro from Readdle, Inc, then installed their client software on my PC. Bingo I'm able the print from any app again.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wish I could help, but I keep procrastinating as far as getting new ink for my printer.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Just bought an Epson EcoTank printer, no more running out of ink problems and my phone and iPad print to it easily to boot.

5. wildor

wildor New Member

My printer is an older HP color laserjet 2600n. It's not on the airprint compatibility list, but by using airprint activator on my PC I was able to print from iPad and iPhone until ios11. The printer has worked without a single problem since 2010. The 4 color cartridges last at least 2 years and I don't have to worry about inkjet carts clogging.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I just tested Airprint with the printer I have and it was detected just fine. I'm running iOS 11.0.1.

7. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

HP Has a lovely ink club. I pay $3.17 a month and honestly can’t remember the last time I added ink.

8. wildor

wildor New Member

Can you give me more info on the ink club? I'm think of getting an inkjet printer for printing photos.
    That ink club sounds like a good deal.

9. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

If you go to the HP website it will provide all the info you need. Since the printer is connected to the net, they know your current ink levels and send out cartridges when you’re running low. I do not like using generic cartridges. Too many issues. Anyway, check out their site and weigh your options.

10. wildor

wildor New Member

Thanks, will do.
    In the past I've had issues with after market cartridges also.

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

If you had as many kids as I do, you wouldn’t be able to put this off when they have homework to print.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I installed new ink cartridges today! Okay? Okay?!?! :D

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Very good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Are you saying that for 3.17 a month you can use all the ink you want?? No additional fees when they send more??

15. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Ok, I found this ink club. It looks awesome. I signed up. I opted for a more expensive plan, but still think I will save substantially over what I’ve been spending on ink.