Can't reboot my iPhone, help please

Oct 7, 2008
i hate to waste your time guys but i respect your forum and hope you can help me here
firstly i have an iPhone 8gb v1 1.1.4 firmware unlocked for over a month now

its the third time it freezes up like this:
first the textures mess up then it starts to blink a bit and then it completely shuts down
neither of the 3 times was i able to turn it back on the easy way (sleep/wake button) but its a mixture of hard resets and lots lots of patience
i myself can't tell what is it that turns it on but neither of the 3 times, im repeating myself, pressing just the home button+ sleep/wake for 10sec helped

it just stays on black screen (not responding or anything) for like some hours, maybe a day and then when i start pressing&holding the 2 buttons like mad again it eventually fires Apple logo and starts

what made me write here is that i'm now stuck again and my patience ran out trying with all my efforts to start it run again

edited: v1

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
Have you installed anything recently?

If your computer still detects the iPhone, Give it a quick restore.

If not, Try DFU Mode, or take it to the Apple Chaps.

Oct 7, 2008
if i restore it, do i have to unlock it afterwards?

to your question: yes computer recognizes it, the ringer button vibrates so the device is still functioning
and i don't know if its the apps that i dled but a youtube activator, camera pro and a few games just don't seem enough to me to cause this...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
if i restore it, do i have to unlock it afterwards?
I'm a wee bit confused. You said in your original post that you had an 8gb V2 with Firmware 1.1.4 unlocked.
By V2, are you refering to the 3G phone? I was unaware that it was ever shipped with anything but 2.0 firmware.
As far as your question about unlocking it again, the answer is yes, if you restore, you will have to unlock it again.
I would try holding down the home and power/sleep buttons for 10 second ( at which point the phone should have rebooted and the Apple logo should appear) and see if that helps.
I you can get into the phone at all, I would recommend going into the phone and then settings, general, reset, and reset all settings. That would normally take care of most problems.

Oct 7, 2008
I would try holding down the home and power/sleep buttons for 10 second ( at which point the phone should have rebooted and the Apple logo should appear)
here's the problem, Apple logo just doesn't come up like after a normal reboot

tho i feel like my iPhone turnes off every time i hold the 2 buttons for 10sec (when the device is plugged in the usb, iTunes would "lose" it after the act of reboot) but then the screen would just stay black :(

PS its v1 not 3g, sry for the confusion

bearon1

Bronze
Oct 6, 2008
Did you have the unit checked for
water damage?