Can't receive phone calls while on the Internet!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thabigo

Oct 23, 2007
Hey Guys im sure most of you know that if you are using Safrai by surfing the web you can not receive phones calls. Is there a mod that make phone calls first priority, so that when i am surfing the web or checking e-mail i will still receive my phone call.. this is really annoying, i hope someone knows of a fix for this!

Thanks,

Orlando

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
Hey Guys im sure most of you know that if you are using Safrai by surfing the web you can not receive phones calls. Is there a mod that make phone calls first priority, so that when i am surfing the web or checking e-mail i will still receive my phone call.. this is really annoying, i hope someone knows of a fix for this!

Thanks,

Orlando
This has happened to me on several occasions. I'm looking for a fix as well..

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you're using EDGE, as opposed to WIFI, you will not be able to receive phone calls while browsing the web because EDGE can't handle both at the same time. If you're on WIFI, you can do these two things simultaneously.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
ah-ha! Now does browsing mean actually loading up a page? Because as I'm READING these posts, I swear my phone rings... I guess im wrong..
if your are on safari and the page is done loading then safari isn't using edge anymore and thereforee you can receive calls. its like if u loaded a webpage on your computer and then disconnected the computer the webpage would still display because its already on your computer. so as long as your not loading a web page you will b able to get phone calls.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes i receive them all the time while im on safari but i guess a page could not be loading i dunno though ill have to test it out....

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
ill have to say thats false... I just called my phone from my house phone while loading a page and the phone call went through.....

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ill have to say thats false... I just called my phone from my house phone while loading a page and the phone call went through.....
Did you make sure Wifi was disabled? Calls will go through if you're surfing on Wifi, like gcvt states. It's only on Edge that your call will not go through (and only if you're in the middle of loading a page or email).

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
that is correct and to make sure i did it again and it sure enough took me straight to the call..
Wow interesting, so you were actually able to answer the call while on Edge? If I am actively surfing on Edge and someone calls me, it will go to my voicemail. I don't get any indication that I've missed a call, unless of course the person leaves me a voicemail.

EDIT: Here's an interesting article about missing calls while on Edge:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=740

Chris, if this is working for you, I assume you're one of the rare cases that has NOM1?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've heard about that too.... and I've seen that number (*3001#12345#) but every time I dial it, I get a message "Error performing request No network Service"

Am I missing something here?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
ok i just went to customize and un hid the field test app and went to that and clicked gprs settings and it shows that im on a nom 1 whatever that means...

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Just tried it - I'm on NOM2 network, and I can get calls while I'm loading a page. It's happened a few times, I didn't even question it.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
that is correct and to make sure i did it again and it sure enough took me straight to the call..
Not working for me, i tried on Edge loading a web page and i called myself from my home phone, took me to voice mail. On Wifi, i was able to receive the call.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Nom2 for me; but I messed my test up. I meant to call myself from another phone and browse Safari. Instead, I initiated a call from my iPhone and tried to browse Safari and discovered I cant do that... LOL :laugh2:

Guess I attempt to do it the right way when I get off my other phone.