Cant receive texts from Verizon users

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just activated my iPhone yesterday and love it. I can send texts to verizon users but when they try to send me texts they get an error message.

I can send and receive texts perfectly fine from other carriers just not verizon.

I called ATT but they said the problem was on verizons end since I could send texts to them without any problems.

Anyone else experience this problem?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Just activated my iPhone yesterday and love it. I can send texts to verizon users but when they try to send me texts they get an error message.

I can send and receive texts perfectly fine from other carriers just not verizon.

I called ATT but they said the problem was on verizons end since I could send texts to them without any problems.

Anyone else experience this problem?
Did you port your iPhone over from another provider?

If you did then the texts' that other are sending you are still going to your old provider until they re-sync their sms servers.

Just give it another day or so and it will all straighten out.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Did you port your iPhone over from another provider?

If you did then the texts' that other are sending you are still going to your old provider until they re-sync their sms servers.

Just give it another day or so and it will all straighten out.
Nope brand new account and number. My boss said that it will probably fix it self by tomorrow.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
My cousin had this same problem when he set up a new ATT line....the problem took quite a while (5 days) to correct itself....apparently att and Apple both have no explanation why this is occurring.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
My cousin had this same problem when he set up a new ATT line....the problem took quite a while (5 days) to correct itself....apparently att and Apple both have no explanation why this is occurring.
Man 5 days. Well at least it eventually does work. Thanks for the info!

t0ny

Sep 11, 2007
This also happened to me, I called AT&T customer support and they sent me some text message that confirmed they had activated my text messaging to be able to receive again and after they sent me that it took about 24 hours for it to work.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
This also happened to me, I called AT&T customer support and they sent me some text message that confirmed they had activated my text messaging to be able to receive again and after they sent me that it took about 24 hours for it to work.
This was with verizon though right? After 24 hours you started receiving texts from verizon users.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
A little update for you guys if you cared. I called Verizon and they were more then kind enough to open a trouble ticket. They said they would call back within in 48 hours. So hopefully they will resolve this problem.

t0ny

Sep 11, 2007
This was with verizon though right? After 24 hours you started receiving texts from verizon users.
Yes my girlfriend has Verzion and she would get my text messages just fine, I just wouldn't receive hers. She didn't get an error when she sent them though, I just never got them. Called AT&T, they sent me a text message containing some kind of verification they had activated something and within 24 hours it was working just fine.