Can't restore or update iPhone 4 Error (3194)

xxDharmaxx

Jul 6, 2009
Need some help here with my phone. I have been trying to update the FW on my iPhone 4 for about 3 weeks now and keep getting the same error (3194) from iTunes. This happens right after the software is downloaded and just prior to install. I have tried the following to resolve the issue:

Removed and Installed iTunes on my CPU
Tried updating on 3 CPUs
Downloaded the firmware straight from Iclarified.com and did the hold shift / pick file

No matter what I do I just cant get past this error. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be or maybe a fix? Thanks for your help!

xxDharmaxx

Jul 6, 2009
Cant really say that I did save them. Would I have done that when i installed cydia? My iPhone 4 is currently JB as well.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
You can use tinyumbrella, so long as it recognizes your phone you will see what shsh blobs have been saved via cydia. Are you looking to stay with your current firmware? You should be able to simply update to 4.3.3 and jb from there.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
you may need to upgrade to the latest firmware and jb with redsn0w.
I believe the OP is currently trying to update to the latest firmware.

I have been trying to update the FW on my iPhone 4 for about 3 weeks now and keep getting the same error (3194) from iTunes.
Try updating your hosts file, by either adding or removing the following line: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

You can do this by opening the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Just share a method that I have ever used to fix the same issue, which is to use a repair tool called Joyoshare UltFix. It is recommended to me by my friend. Such a tool can fix various iPhone errors with no data loss. That is why I choose it to help me. If you do not mind using a third-party tool, you can have a try.
Dude... you realize this thread is OVER 8 YEARS OLD????